1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid MX3 barrel? Fits round and square monoblock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Marsh, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

A friend on this forum was looking at pictures of my MX3 Perazzi barrel and suggested it might be a "hybrid" barrel that can fit the rounded monobloc or the squared monoblock.

So, today I tried it on a friend's MX3 Special receiver, which has the squared monobloc and it fit perfectly, locked up, cocked and ejected the snap caps. Did not try it with live rounds, the shooting day was over.

Has anyone ever tried to put a rounded monobloc barrel on a squared receiver? I can post some pictures if someone thinks my barrel might be unusual.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Please post them. Would like to see this. Thanks. Rich

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

When it comes to Perazzis, if Steve W doesn't know it, it isn't worth knowing!

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the universal barrel made by Perazzi serial # 88XXX proof code for 1993. This barrel is a Single barrel and the false barrel tube extends about 4 inches past the end of the forend unlike a typical MX-3 top single barrel which stops at the forend.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

how come I do not have one of these?

6. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Will take some pictures and post them. This is really neat to find this out. Thanks for the good info!

The proof markings show this 12 ga barrel as a 1987 vintage. The MX3 (SCO ORO) gun itself was made in 1983 and came with a 20ga barrel that fits the 12ga receiver. The 20ga barrel, receiver and fore end all bear the same serial number.

It sure would be neat to find out who was the original owner! The other marking and the Monte Carlo stock with cheekpiece indicate it was made for a European buyer.

7. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

I am showing pictures of my 12g (in the TOP of the picture, and my 20ga in the lower) There is small amount of distortion as the 20ga barrel was a little closer to the camera and that makes it look bigger. Also I did not clean the gun since yesterday's shoot. Will clean later today.

Could it be that the 20ga barrel is also a "universal barrel"? have not yet tried it on my friend's MX3 Special.

Your opinions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Will take some pictures and post them. This is really neat to find this out. Thanks for the good info!

The proof markings show this 12 ga barrel as a 1987 vintage. The MX3 (SCO ORO) gun itself was made in 1983 and came with a 20ga barrel that fits the 12ga receiver. The 20ga barrel, receiver and fore end all bear the same serial number.

It sure would be neat to find out who was the original owner! The other marking and the Monte Carlo stock with cheekpiece indicate it was made for a European buyer.

9. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

I am showing pictures of my 12g (in the TOP of the picture, and my 20ga in the lower) There is small amount of distortion as the 20ga barrel was a little closer to the camera and that makes it look bigger. Also I did not clean the gun since yesterday's shoot. Will clean later today.

Could it be that the 20ga barrel is also a "universal barrel"? have not yet tried it on my friend's MX3 Special.

Your opinions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the picture, Bill. My universal barrel looks exactly like yours and the serial number on my MX-3 proofed in 1982 is within 5 digits of your number; they may have been made on the same day.

11. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Steve W,

Why are the water tables on this gun not stamped with SCO, MAP, SC1T, or 0800???

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Bill, your 20 ga. barrel is also an universal barrel. Nice gun.

LG., hard to say, not all the guns were stamped.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

MIA, I think you had one once upon time but sold it! Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.