1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid Minivan

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Anyone making a hybrid minivan?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Toyota has one.....in Japan however. For whatever reason (financial I am sure),Toyota is dragging their feet releasing all their models in hybrid. I have been told by a dealer as recently as last week that every model has a hybrid drive train, but gas prices are not high enough (yet?) for US folks to buy them.

The van in Japan has a 4 cylinder engine, and if the Sienna comes our hybrid in the US, I am quite sure it will be the 3.3 V6 drive train from the new Highlander, and what the RX400h has had for 3 or 4 years.

My wife has a Camry hybrid 50th Anniversary Special Edition, and it is quite nice, gets great mileage and is comfortable. She would give the Camry away if Sienna had a hybrid van I am quite sure.

MB has an SUV called the GLK due out Jan of next year with a 2.2 liter turbo diesel. Not sure if it is smaller than the M class or not. I would not want it much smaller, and like the GL, but no great economy with the 3.0 liter diesel?

If anyone has some feedback on real world mileage on the 3.0 bluetec engine, I would like to be corrected. The EPA numbers are nothing great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.