1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hwo would you ranks these??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by K 80 Guy, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K 80 Guy

K 80 Guy TS Member

Championships at the Grand American in order from most to least factoring in importance, prestige, and meaningfulness from most to least; Sub Jr, JR, Vet, Sr. Vet, Women, Clay Target championship, doubles championship, Preliminary Handicap, Grand American Handicap, HOA, HAA

Here are my thoughts;

Most; HOA
    HAA
    GAH
    Clay Target
    Doubles
    Women
    tie; Vet, JR
    tie; Sub Jr, Sr. Vet
    Least Prelim Handi

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Winning 16 yard clay target championship has to be the hardest event to win.

3. K 80 Guy

K 80 Guy TS Member

oh for sure, I would agree, but I think that the GAH and HOA and HAA defiantly has more prestige to them

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

You can miss more targets in those events to win but, 16 yard event requires more perfection to win.

5. K 80 Guy

K 80 Guy TS Member

My case is that Handicap is much harder to win there is rarely ever a repeat winner in Handicap events. HAA is combining 3 different skill sets one of which includes the singles. HOA is the best shooting over a weeks time in EVERY event shot. To miss the least amount over that time period over so many events is the hardest thing to do in my opinion.

6. gasman03

gasman03 Member

My 2 cents would be the Sub Jr. You have got kids under the age of 15 shooting in the biggest trap shoot in the world with the best shooters in the world watching them knowing someday they will be the "bigdogs" That is a lot of pressure for those young kids and yet they get the job done very well.

Corey

PS Did I mention I have a 14 yr old son who shoots?

7. K 80 Guy

K 80 Guy TS Member

So your saying throw Sub Jr ahead of Vet and Sr. Vet?

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I think that the GAH, CTC & Dbls Championship are jokes.

No one has to "earn" the privilege to enter these events which makes them meaningless in the true competitive "World Shoot".

Curt

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

grnberetcj, so, in your opinion, what would one have to do to "earn" the privilege to shoot in the Championship events?

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My opinion is HOA is for the shooters with an unlimited amount of money and time. Since I retired income is limited and so is shooting.

I personally love to shoot handicap, having been on the 27 yard line for more than 35 years total.

If they go back to the 3 hole target and stop throwing the 2 hole candy targets there will be fewer 100s and more prestige with the wins.

Mandatory averages supporting the yardage shot from, what I am saying is you must maintain an 92% average or you get a reduction to a yardage you can maintain a 92% average, some will have to stay on the 19-20 yd line to be competetive.

There is no way a shooter that shoots 25 yds or farther back should ever be in
    "D" class singles, but it is happening. Computer should never let this happen.

I was in Missouri over 7 years ago and a 27 yd shooter from Ohio was shooting off against a junior in "D" class from Ohio, how could that happen?

The most prestigious I feel is the High All Around, the average shooter with a family can compete and the elderly, and limited income shooter can compete.

If I and other shooters had an unlimited bankroll and could attend all the major shoots there would be some different outcomes, there would be more Leo's
    and Harlans, and Kaye's, money has a definite influence.

And I support this statement.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.