1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hussein says the TEA party participants were dumb

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

guess he forgot the part in his oath to "defend the Constitution",,,,AGAIN,,,,must have been that part "to peacibly demonstrate" or was it the "right of free speech",,,,just because everyone is not "bowing" to him,,,,he feels we are idiots!!!!

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Tea Parties are just a start; wait until we have Beer Parties. BT-100dc

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Unlike the inauguration or the million man march, most of the people who would have liked to support and attend the "Tea Party" have REGULAR JOBS. It's a shame BHO has little respect for the Constitutional rights of those people who were there. Sad.

Bob Schultz

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly"---sure enough, 100 days in and--------"swine flu".

5. ccridr

ccridr Member

If that arab thinks that the tea partys are dumb, what will he think when we start playing cowboys and muslims?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

DUMB? JesusHFC! I'll give you dumb. Dumb is a President who stutters and stammers when the teleprompter doesn't work right.

Dumb is an adult male who thinks inflating our tires will solve the fuel problem.

Dumb is a candidate who promises no tax increases, and 3 months after taking office, rolling tobacco goes from 1.69 a lb. tax to 22 dollars plus!

Dumb is a Harvard Law review president who does not write one article.

Dumb is a law student who, given an assignment to write legal stuff comes up with a book about his father.

And I'm dumb too. I could wear out my keyboard and not finish this list.

HM

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Exactly when and where did Obama say, "The tea party participants are dumb"?

-Gary

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Still looking for a factually accurate answer: When and where did Obama say that "The tea party participants are dumb"?

-Gary

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Bigdogtx: Where did you get this Obama quotation?

Timberfaller: I don't care where it didn't come from, I'm asking that you say where it did come from. Document your source.

-Gary

10. bigdogtx

Gary,,,,

"Bigdogtx: Where did you get this Obama quotation?"

Watch the video. All you had to do was a search in the big white box on youtube and you could find it.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I watched the video and, as I suspected, absent the broadest degree of extrapolation, there was no such statement made.

I attended a Tea Party and for the most part the people there seemed like a good cross-section of intelligent, thoughtful, and hard-working Americans who were smply concerned about the future of their families and their country. Many were combat veterans who risked their lives for our freedoms. Yes, of course there were a couple thinly-veiled racists and a few toothless hillbillies who thought it was going to be a booze-fest, but I would hope that even Obama's handlers know better than to let him make a public statement calling all of us dumb. I, and most of the people with whom I associate, would be highly offended if any such public statement was made by a President and we would demand an apology.

I don't approve of Obama, and it seems very likely to me that his presidency will be a giant step backwards for America from an economic, liberty, and national security standpoint. Many of you feel the same way. Obama's documented decisions and actual statements provide plenty of evidence to support our position. So why do we find it necessary to exaggerate and just make up crap? Isn't dishonesty one of the big reasons most of us can't stand hard-left liberals? Let's all be truthful and not diminish our own credibility. That way if someone ever really does call us dumb, everyone will instantly know that the accuser is the real dummy.

Respectfully,
    Gary

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

He ain't even from here.

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I looked up "tea bagging" on Google. Seems dumb to me to use that phrase as a national movement in light of the contemporary definition.

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

"Tea Party participants were dumb". Gee, I think Goerge III said that first - and without a teleprompter!

15. bigdogtx

When somebody infers that doing something is "not intelligent", to me it is the same as saying it is 'dumb'. If you don't want to see it that way that is fine, but I still do and take great indifference to it. If you want to nit pick,,,,then maybe I should have used the word, 'infers' instead of says 'says' and that would have made you happier,,,,,GGAM!!!

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

More typical lib BS.

"So U2, the band that for years has campaigned to fight African poverty and hunger, buy the "red" products to fight AIDS, world bank please forgive poor nations debts, gee we must fight "global warming" A/K/A global climate change, campaigned extensively for obama, spoke on oprah in regards to having higher taxes and the obama campaign, turns out to be a bunch of rich guys wanting to "destroy the environment" just like the evil rich people they complain about when it fits their "common man" public image.

Let's not forget that earlier this year it was revealed that U2 moved their music publishing company from Ireland to the Netherlands as a tax haven. Thereby denying Ireland, their home country, desperately needed tax dollars.

Ain't it just great that you can champion for liberal and "progressive" causes that have huge impacts in the lives of millions of people, yet when those same standards are placed on those that champion those causes they sure as heck don't like it.

U2 guitarist's Malibu house plans create some reverb

Anne Cusack / Los Angeles Times
    A Malibu resident takes in the view from the property owned by U2 guitarist David Evans, a.k.a. the Edge. Construction of five homes there would be an engineering feat.
    David Evans -- also known as the Edge -- wants to build five contemporary houses high atop a Malibu hill. Residents worry that the project would produce an environmental disaster.
    By Martha Groves
    April 17, 2009
    U2 guitarist David Evans, a.k.a. the Edge, has a dream: to build five contemporary houses on a hill high above Malibu, with expansive views of the Santa Monica Mountains, the Malibu Pier, Surfrider Beach and the Pacific Ocean.

But accomplishing that dream would require feats of engineering and some delicate political maneuvering to get around objections in Malibu.

The proposal has sent reverb through the exclusive Serra Retreat neighborhood below, home to the likes of Dick Van Dyke, Kelsey Grammer and James Cameron.

Residents worry that the project would produce an environmental disaster, since it would mean extending a road on rugged slopes through slide-prone areas, running a water line under similarly challenging terrain and grading more than 70,000 cubic yards of earth.

Given the Irish band's long-cultivated reputation for green crusading, many Malibuites sniff duplicity in the salt air. The Edge's people, for their part, sense Malibu's notorious NIMBYism at play.

"The downside of this is a permanently scarred mountainside for the benefit of a very few that for many years all will view," said Jefferson Wagner, a Malibu councilman. "For somebody so revered even to be orchestrating this type of development in such a sensitive area is hypocritical."

Jim Vanden Berg, a representative for Evans and his partner in the venture, Irish real estate investor Derek Quinlan, countered that the rock musician is taking pains to ensure that the development will "create a sense of place that respects the environment [and] architecture that will stand the test of time."

Each home, Vanden Berg said, has been tailored to the contours of its site and will be "notched into the hillside," with boulder outcroppings and other natural elements incorporated into the designs.

Evans has for years maintained a house in Malibu's relatively modest La Costa development. As a political activist, he has played second fiddle to Bono, U2's lead singer, who has gained fame (and occasional mockery) for championing the cause of African poverty relief.

Evans, whose guitar delay (echo) helped create the band's distinctive sound, stepped up for a cause in 2006, serving as spokesman for Music Rising, a campaign to replace musicians' instruments destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

"My family and I love Malibu, having maintained a residence there for more than a decade," Evans said. "These homes will be some of the most environmentally sensitive ever designed in Malibu -- or anywhere in the world. I'm disappointed that certain critics either don't have the facts or have ulterior motives."

The properties he hopes to develop perch above Malibu's city limits in Serra Canyon, on 156 acres in an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County. The county has granted them "certificates of compliance," signifying only that they are legal parcels.

Evans and Quinlan would occupy two of the houses, and the other three would be built on speculation, a sore point for some Malibu residents.

Critics question whether Sweetwater Mesa Road can handle the traffic from five new homes. Ozzie Silna, treasurer of the Serra Canyon Property Owners Assn., said Sweetwater Mesa is merely a driveway, albeit one that goes on for miles, for the many houses built along it. As it is, sections are barely wide enough for two cars.

The California Coastal Commission has "significant concerns" about the project, said Jack Ainsworth, deputy director of the panel's South Central Coast District. Among them, he said, are damage to habitats, the high number of truck trips, landslide issues, the potential for hillside eyesores and the "growth-inducing impacts of pulling down a water line through other properties" that might then be developed.

Plans for extending the road call for sinking deep caissons through the slide plane, "a pretty significant undertaking from an engineering standpoint," Ainsworth said.

The commission intends to take up the matter in June. When it does, the Edge will have an edge: his rights as a property owner.

"Even if it's considered an environmentally sensitive habitat," Ainsworth said, "we've got to allow for some residential use to avoid a constitutional taking of property."

martha.groves@latimes.com "

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Regardless of the validity of Obama's statement, one thing is clear. The media and the Obama administration want to marginalize the Tea Party protests. The media has underestimated how many people were at these events. And the media reported Obama wasn't even initially aware the protests were even happening. Yet numerous FBI agents were mobilized under someone's order to "watch" these protests.<br>
    <br>

18. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Where do you get your information that FBI agents were mobilized to "watch" these protests? It is my understanding that domestic surveillance of citizens peaceably assembling without an underling violation of some law is prohibited since the 1970s when the Frank Church committee in the Senate gutted the intelligence agencies.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you don't think they had operatives there you are one naive puppy.

I am sure they would have loved to have had a nice violent protest like the liberal pukes do so they could smash some heads.

We are dealing here with a government that thinks they own the people. Make no mistake about that.

600 potential concentration camps (Rex84) and an 80.000 man "internal security force"(here read GESTAPO) tells me they are covering every imagina ble base.

The effort they put into squashing simple speech dissension should tell you.

HM

20. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

There is a difference between "operatives" and FBI Agents. The question was what is the source of information that indicates that FBI Agents were mobilized to "watch" the Tea Parties? Just throwing out supposition with no citation as to the source and calling anyone who questions the source naive means nothing. When you say "they" just who do you mean? If you are accusing the FBI of all the things mentioned in your post you have an overactive imagination unless you can document it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.