1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hussein is such a .....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This is so WRONG!!!!!!

"..As of February 1st 2012, President Obama has determined that Combat Pay for US forces will be determined by a new criteria. In general, Afghanistan has been deemed a combat zone and all US forces deployed in that region have been eligible for combat pay due to the certainty of encountering dirt-bags in firefights, ambushes, IED’s or suicide bombings. This new policy now requires having been shot at first. For those not understanding the problem with this, it now says that the US Government has effectively declared Afghanistan a “safe zone”! And this in spite of the nearly daily reports of Americans being either wounded or killed!

This newest insult is certainly an effort to bolster what will be his campaign claim to have “pacified” Afghanistan during his tenure and having kept one of his last campaign promises to bring all troops home by the end of his first term. But here again is where perception, does not align with reality. In a land where the Taliban are given new control over the country by our unwillingness to hold them accountable in combat and where discussions of “peace talks” include promises to release known murderous thugs back onto the battlefield where our troops still operate, the Taliban have made it clear they are not only not in talks but that they are not interested.

Is this the “safe” Afghanistan where Warriors are still forced to patrol daily, are wounded in daily, killed in daily, betrayed by Afghan Soldiers and Police Cadets, daily and which the Obama Administration has now effectively declared no longer a combat zone?

So once again, the health and well-being of our Warriors will suffer for political expedience. In addition, all troops fired upon, wounded or killed by our “Afghan partners” will not be viewed as combat deaths but fratricide/murder, making those incidents criminal acts. This will affect the way United States Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Coast Guardsmen who are wounded or killed in that polluted land are treated by this government. It will also most likely change the SGLI eligibility status from non-taxable to taxable!!"

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!

Edit to add: Pay will be prorated based upon days actually in the hot zones,,,,,so you must be in the full month to get your extra $225.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

bigdogtx, you have to watch what you post. I posted a sister article to this that my daughter in the A/F sent me and was chastized from here to eternity by gn777777. Wound up stating I was a draft dodger, a liar,a number of other implications and I don't know crap about the services of our country all cause I posted something my daughter that is in the service sent me. Don't be surprised if you get some verbal abuse for this post. Now according to gene this is not true. Mike.

Email:
    Date: Fri, Feb 03, 2012 - 10:23 AM ET
    Website Address:

Email I recieved this morning.

So here are more military benefits gone...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: February 3, 2012 7:12:08 EST Subject: Proration of Imminent Danger Pay (IDP)

A new law may affect the pay you receive when you are on duty in an imminent danger pay (IDP) area. About 27 locations world-wide have been designated by the Secretary of Defense as IDP areas.

The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (NDAA 2012), signed on December 31, 2011, requires we begin prorating IDP so that members are paid for only the actual days they perform duty in an IDP area. Before December 31, members received the full $225 a month even if they performed duty only one day in an IDP area. Now service members will receive $7.50 for each day they are on duty in an IDP area up to the maximum monthly rate of $225. Members who are exposed to a hostile fire or hostile mine explosion event are eligible to receive non-prorated Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) in the full monthly amount of $225. Members cannot receive both IDP and HFP in the same month.

The law required proration to begin on December 31, 2011; however, because it took time to publish implementing guidance and ready pay systems, we were not ready to begin prorating the pay on that date. DoD began to pay the prorated payments beginning February 1, 2012. If you are eligible to receive IDP, you may see the prorated amount of the pay in your February 15th pay depending on the actual number of days you spend in an IDP area.

Some members may have been overpaid between the date the NDAA was signed on December 31, 2011, and February 1, 2012, when the pay systems began proration.

The military services are working to waive or remit debts for members who may have been overpaid during this period. The intent is that you will not be liable for any overpayment during this period. Also, you do not need to request or take any action for this to take place. Your service will take care of this for you.

If you have questions about this pay, please contact your finance office.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tokie,

If you don't learn to clean up your language, you might be the first casualty of the clean-up efforts.

Read the rules. That is, if you can read. (If not, get your Union Steward to read it to you).

4. bigdogtx

BB,,,,if Gene wants to say something to me on this,,,,let him...

little toke,,,,did you READ the attached article??? It said as of Feb 1, 2102,,,,,my son got his combat pay last pay period as well,,,,,be careful on writing a check that you can't cash....just saying.....

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    tokie786, quote: <i>"LETS TALK GUNS AND TRAP SHOOTING,,,,,,OUTLAW ALL POLITICO,,,ITS TIME TO TAKE THIS SITE BACK!!!!!!!"</i>

Says the liberal anti-gun troll who doesn't want to see his liberal leaders spanked on this site.

Well, newcomer troll, the site owner set up a specific category for political posts. You want to override his decision? Why don't you just skedaddle back to your liberal haunts. We're getting weary of liberal anti-gun trolls like you.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Update: I see Barrelbulge clarified already but I have added this before reading his post.

Here is the actual section of that bill. If you want you can copy and paste the link below in your address bar.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr1540enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr1540enr.pdf

BEING SHOT AT FIRST IS TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    POLITICAL RHETORIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show me where in this bill it says the soldier must be fired apon first!

This is why talking politics in this country is such a waste of time. 99% of it is POLITICAL RHETORIC, AND AMOUNTS TO NOTHING BUT LIES AND DECEPTION!!! Especially in this political section. Posting articles written by people with the same political agenda needs to be backed up by facts, and direct information.

SAYING OBAMA IS RESPONSIBLE IS TOTAL POLITCAL RHETORIC AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER CONGRESS HAS TO PASS THE BILLS BEFORE OBAMA SIGNS IT!!!!!! REPUBLICANS HAD TO VOTE FOR THIS BILL TOO!!!! As a matter of fact, Republicans voted for this bill overwhelmingly, where the Democrates voting against where 50-50 in the House! PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE!

This is why talking politics in this country is such a waste of time. 99% of it is POLITICAL RHETORIC, AND AMOUNTS TO NOTHING BUT LIES AND DECEPTION!!!

From what I get out of it, it narrows the pay of a maximum of $225 a month for "Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Secial Pay" down to the pay being prorated to 1/30th of pay by the day.

So, what it is changing, is if a soldier is in high risk area for one day of the month, they would receive this special pay for that whole month. With this ammendment it breaks it down to per day. How they will keep tract of this, I don't know.

What it does do though, if a soldier is relieved of his duty after a day of serving in a hostile environment of a particular month, it stops the double payment covering the next soldier taking their place for the rest of that month.

In affect we the people are paying, remember these are our tax dollars, only the maximum of $225 for that month, instead of the two "Special Pay" amounts of $450, covering both soldiers for that month.

I can see how this would bother us, as our soldiers are underpaid as it is in my mind.

H. R. 1540—154

SEC. 616. MODIFICATION OF QUALIFYING PERIOD FOR PAYMENT OF
    HOSTILE FIRE AND IMMINENT DANGER SPECIAL PAY AND
    HAZARDOUS DUTY SPECIAL PAY.
    (a) HOSTILE FIRE AND IMMINENT DANGER PAY.—Section 310
    of title 37, United States Code, is amended—
    (1) in subsection (a), by striking ‘‘for any month or portion
    of a month’’ and inserting ‘‘for any day or portion of a day’’;
    (2) by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following
    new subsection (b):
    ‘‘(b) SPECIAL PAY AMOUNT.—(1) Except as provided in paragraph
    (2), the amount of special pay authorized by subsection
    (a) for qualifying service during a day or portion of a day shall
    be the amount equal to 1/30th of the maximum monthly amount
    of special pay payable to a member as specified in paragraph
    (3).
    ‘‘(2) In the case of a member who is exposed to hostile fire
    or a hostile mine explosion event in or for a day or portion of
    a day, the Secretary concerned may, at the election of the Secretary,
    pay the member special pay under subsection (a) for such service
    in an amount not to exceed the maximum monthly amount of
    special pay payable to a member as specified in paragraph (3).
    ‘‘(3) The maximum monthly amount of special pay payable
    to a member under this subsection for any month is $225.’’.
    (3) in subsection (c)(1), by inserting ‘‘for any day (or portion
    of a day) of’’ before ‘‘not more than three additional months’’;
    and
    (4) in subsection (d)(2), by striking ‘‘any month’’ and
    inserting ‘‘any day’’.
    (b) HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY.—Section 351(c)(2) of such title is
    amended by striking ‘‘receipt of hazardous duty pay,’’ and all that
    follows and inserting ‘‘receipt of hazardous duty pay—
    ‘‘(A) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under
    paragraph (1) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned—
    ‘‘(i) shall prorate the payment amount to reflect
    the duration of the member’s actual qualifying service
    during the month; or
    ‘‘(ii) in the case of a member who is exposed to
    hostile fire or an explosion of a hostile explosive device
    in or for a day or portion of a day, may, at the election
    of the Secretary, pay the member hazardous duty pay
    in an amount not to exceed the entire amount of hazardous
    duty pay that would be payable to the member
    under such paragraph (1) for the month in which the
    duty concerned occurs (with the total amount of hazardous
    duty pay paid the member under this clause
    in any given month not to exceed such entire amount);
    and
    ‘‘(B) in the case of hazardous duty pay payable under
    paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a), the Secretary concerned
    may prorate the payment amount to reflect the
    duration of the member’s actual qualifying service during
    the month.’’.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Look, I have no problem with posting actual facts that are detramental to your political point of view, or political convictions. In order to be credible yourself you have to look into the allegations of these people that write the articles. They are written to get you to believe that what they say is fact to promote there political views. That is fine if they are in fact true, and not just there idea of what they hear, or read from someone else doing the same thing.

With the internet, there is nothing you can't find the facts on. Instead of posting your opinion or someone elses, look this stuff up and post links that back up your views and opinions, not someone elses articles. You lose credibility fast when things are posted, without the real truth not being posted. Politics are a very emotional subject I understand. I understand you want the otherside, or enemy to be the cause of all of your turmoil. Posting constant B.S. does nothing for your credibility. Name calling,
    degrading and offensive language, and basic childish behavior show your true lack of intelligence, or laziness to prove it. Jon

8. bigdogtx

i see you are still sucking up to hussein,,,,since it went into effect in 2012,,,,guess who signed it????

While it is not as bad as the original article,,,,,let them (hussein and congress) reduce their benefits pro-rata for their actual time in dc doing their job....

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

10. porky

porky TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.