1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Husqvarna chain saw problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by neofight, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

I assume you did place the slide switch back in the start position. After checking for spark as suggested above and if you do have spark, try choking it until it pops. if mine sits for more than 15-20 mins, it needs to be choked every time. If you have spark and does not start on full choke, your pick-up tube in the tank may have come loose.

Try squirting a small amount of fuel down the carb and give it a pull. it's usually something minor and an easy fix.Huskys are almost bullet-proof.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If you only used it 15 minutes take it back to whomever you purchased it.

I purchased a new Partner/Husqvarna demolition saw several months ago. Thing would fire up first thing every day but if you ran it hard and turned it off, good luck getting it started after that. Took it back, they said they worked on it, and sent it home with me, it did the same thing. They thought I was crazy because I said the saw wouldn't work in temps above 75 or after it got ran hard. So, I took it back and brought some concrete blocks, bricks, and some steel. I started the saw cut the blocks, and steel that I brought along and ran it hard for about 10 minutes. I then turn it off and handed it to the mechanic and told him to start it. He couldn't. They keep it a couple of weeks, finally they called Husky and they finally fixed it. Saw works great now, they wouldn't tell me what they did, except put a new vented gas cap. I believe they did more than that, but Husky knows about the problem.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Might be the old fuel volatility issue commonly called "Vapor Lock". Sounds like a design flaw to me, if it is. Should be many ways to resolve it, but I'd let the factory make the fix.

4. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Ask for a refund and buy a Stihl. Mine are from the 80's and start and run every time and they have the original sparkplug. Until 3 years ago, I cut about 5 cords each year and 9 cords for many years with the 3 saws. )24 farm boss, super 028 and a super 038. Tried many others. These always start and work anytime we use them (NO, I don't let anyone other than my son use them period - don't loan your wife or chainsaw!) LOL...........merlyn

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

This might sound crazy but I did the same thing, Make sure the safety handle is pulled back and locked or they will not start.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I agree with Merlyn, you just have the wrong brand. I have had two Huskies and never again. I now buy Sthil or Echo

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

There is a reason they are Cheap. Get a Sthil or an Ecco.

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Husqvarna a cheap saw? I guess somebody has never priced Husqvarna Chain saws. I live in Oregon where they cut down some pretty big trees in this funny little profession they call LOGGING. The crews are pretty much split between Husqvarnas and Stihls. Jeff

9. ctreay

ctreay Member

Right, BUT they do not buy them from Lowes or Home Depot!

ctreay

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

This reminds me of a similiar situation years ago with a Bultaco motorcycle my friend had. Engine would seize no matter what and no matter how rich that 250 cc Pursang was jetted. Turned out the engine had a cracked liner. Maybe the Husky has a bad jug?? Doubtful...I'd suspect vapor lock or bad fuel pickup or saw just running too rich from the get go.

11. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

I bought a new Husky 2 yrs ago after having several Stihls for about 30 yrs and regretted it from the gitgo. I had the same problem as you describe, it wouldn't start after it had been run for any length of time until it returned to ambient temperature. I had it back to the dealer five or six times with bad results each time. Finally had a chance to talk to a chopper that told me outright to get another Stihl and sell the Husky for a loss if necessary. According to him, the problem seemed to exist in a lot of the Huskys and he found that if you cloded both jets all the way and opened each a quarter turn, the problem went away. You might want to try this. I couldn't because I took his advise and went back to Stihl. Good luck!

12. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

The brand is the problem. Mark the price of the Husqvarna to education. Buy a Stihl. Larry

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Husky makes chain saws? LOL

I have had a mint, unaltered 1948 Husqvarna Sporting rifle in 8X57S for quite a while. What a fabulous firearm!

14. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

its funny i live in oregon too, and i seem to see a lot more stihls than huskys anymore, personally i own a 360 a 19 year old 066 and a 30 year old 090 all three work wonderfully and i run the 60 inch bar on my 066 everyday with absolutely no problems, i bought one husky 5 years ago, a rancher 440, and i think i ended up trading it in to the local outdoor power supply for like 20 bucks off a weedwacker (stihl as well) when you want to do big boy jobs, go stihl. but thats just me.

steven meads

we_got_us_some_wood@yahoo.com

15. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I bought a new husky 61 20" bar in 1986.. I could never keep the pull rope in it, so much compression i would break 3-4 a year, finally I wound a old coyote snare cable in the housing instead of the rope, havent broke it since.. also.. I never buy power tools for lowes/home depot etc.. I get mine from a local dealer, that way when something screws up they can fix it.. good luck with the Stihl..!

16. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I had Homelite for years and years and they were great saws. Sorry to say they are now out of business and its hard to find someone to work on them. I then bought Sthil and found out how slow the Homelite really were. I'm happy as hell with how fast, light and comfortable the Sthil saw is. I bought a 440 and a 660 for larger tree's. It has a 34" bar and the 440 has a 20" bar. Both bars will fit both saws. Great saws and they are the best on the market.

17. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Bluedevil,

Check your private messages.

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Husky built a pretty good off road motorcycle back in the day. Malcolm Smith and Bengt Aberg are a couple of greats that rode Husky's. I can't vouch for their power saws, however.

19. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Husqvarna still makes excellent dirt bikes.
    They also make good chainsaws. My brother has had one for over 20 years and it still cuts with the best of them. My own Husqvarna chainsaw is only two years old, but I have had zero problems with it...and I USE it.
    Highly recommend.

PS still sounds like the OP forgot to return the shutoff switch to the "run" position..................

20. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

I have a 372XP for many years, cut hundreds of trees and more logs with it - runs like a champ and has never been to the shop. Just add oil, gas and a healthy diet of chains. Bet I could haul it out of the garage and it would fire on the second crank. On the other hand I got one of those tiny little 'environemtnatlly correct' Husky saws and it won't hardly even start, much less, ruy. Heck - I'd give it away if someone came to get it. Before that little Husky I had a Poulin 'Wild Thing' for small stuff - now that's a neat little saw - can't remember what happend to it. You can get them cheap too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.