1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Husband & Wife Krieghoff Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Had a customer request to post photos of the guns stocks we just completed. Both are American black walnut the lady gun was customer supplied and the other was supplied by Ernie Ross from Ohio. The ladies gun has a beautiful checkering pattern with a rose in the forend and the grip cap. Cindy did a beautiful job with the checkering and I hope the customers are happy with their projects. They will receive them on Friday. Thanks to the crew for a fine job and thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ladies Gun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Beautiful craftsmanship. Wood and chekering job are gorgeous.

Butt ugliest shaped stok I've ever seen, though

3. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

I love it great job dennis

4. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Workmanship looks great...the style of the first stock leaves me cold....I don't get that tumor on the side either....just sayin.

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Obvously you guys haven't mounted one of Dennis's stocks. They fit you, unlike the stocks from the factory that we are used to seeing that really doesn't fit anybody.
    Nice work as expected.
    Husband is a little cheap as his wife has to shoot a standard grade!

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

whats the length of pull on the first one? He must be a big "drink of water"?

7. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Both pieces of wood are spectacular and I love the design and workmanship of both stocks. I am going to have one someday. Great job!

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Guys you are right the stock for the husband is fit for a big fellow huge hands and that is what was required to fit him. Very wonderful folks to work with and we really enjoyed having them here with us during the process.

Dennis DeVault

9. kfart!

kfart! TS Member

This is the wife of the husband/wife team. Dennis, Cindy, and crew are amazing to work with. I shot my gun with the stock at the Spring Grand before the checkering was completed. It is a dream! Since I've sent it back to get it checkered, I can't wait to get my hands on it to shoot it. (Only about 24 more hours and it will be here). You can see it is a work of art.

My husband is at work right now, but will put a reply on this thread when he returns home.

Many thanks to Dennis, Cindy, and crew for a wonderful experience, and a stock that fits and truly is EYE CANDY!!!!

Lorna Jo Maasberg

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You know what they say about guys with big hands...

Big gloves!

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Big Gloves?

12. kfart!

kfart! TS Member

Thank you for all the comments on my stock. Dennis and the crew did a very nice job as it looks. I will know more tomorrow when I get it. I have no doubt that it will be the same as my try-stock that was duplicated. I shot it at the Spring Grand, and it was time for the finished product. Dennis did 98% of the fitting and I did the shaping of the grip to fit my hand. I love it!

I had a different stock maker's product on the gun before I went to Dennis. It shot well on singles and doubles, but the handicap was a problem child. I did not want to spend a lot of money on practice rounds in Tucson, but Saturday morning there is going to be a lot of noise about 1/2 mile from my house. I have two Pat traps, and we do hold some registered shoots. Saturday is reserved for my wife and I to get ready for Vernal, UT the next weekend.

Thanks for all the comments,
    Bob Maasberg

13. logndog

logndog TS Member

When referring to the shape of a stock.......beauty ia as beauty does.

14. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Great workmanship as always.

I have often wondered with Denis's and some other stock designs of late, how does your thumb fit over the top of the grip?

The design of turning your hand down so your grip is almost vertical, also means your thumb is rotated around, so instead of squeezing your thumb second knuckle and trigger finger knuckle to get a grip, you would almost have to bend your thumb over the top of the grip and hook it down as a 90 degree bend.

Is this the desired outcome and does the sensation feel different to how you grab a regular shaped grip?

15. macaw8

macaw8 TS Member

aussie dan hi
    if you are coming to the nationals in wa there are several off dennis stocks here ask for me at the kriegoff tent and i will show you mine
    regards gary kelly

16. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Dennis built my stock and it does have a lot of toe out and looks as fabulous as all of his work. I have had numerous people ask 'How can you shoot that'?, and when they put the gun up, it fits them much better than they thought it would. His stocks are built to the individual, not to a pattern, and the fit keeps you in the gun better, with repeat mounts and lower felt recoil.
    Pat

17. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I keep thinking '59 Eldorado.

18. kfart!

kfart! TS Member

Aussie Dan,

In reply to your thread, the grip fits like a glove. I did the final fitting on the grip which fits my hand perfectly. I learned from Dennis and proved it out--do not put your thumb across the top of the stock. Believe me it works. I lay my thumb straight in line with the barrels. This is a very comfortable fit, and I could get into this in more detail but I am a trap shooter and out there on the line, there are no friends! If I can find an edge--I take it! After we count birds, everybody is my friend. Well...almost. LOL

We received our guns about 8:00 p.m. MDT. UPS was a little late, but still made us very happy. Dennis, Cindy, and crew did a very good job and duplicated my try-stock I shot the last couple of months perfectly. The checkering on my wife's standard K-80 is amazing!! Being a cheap b@%$^$^%, mine is one with the prettier engraving. Just a little humor.

Bob Maasberg

19. K80911

K80911 TS Member

Roses are red violets are blue and I will still beat you

20. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Kfart(Bob).

Is that a Bavaria Grade, If so I have it's twin Brother (other than the stock of corse) mine is at the "Doctors" at this moment having the two sets barrels re-blued and the Action re-nickled.

Unfortunately I had a small accident with the forend iron and to have it looking like new was advised to have the whole action/gun re-done.

Beautiful wood work by Mr DeVault, I have a Stock-Lock on mine (bad shoulders) it also looks and works great for me, interesting to hear about the thumb pointing parrallel with the barrels, whatever works!!

I bet it shoots as good as it looks, If you get to this years Grand I would love to have a closer look.

Aussie Dan, the wood on your new Perazzi is not to shabby, about the nicest I have seen direct from factory, good luck and shoot it well in Perth.

Release Trigger.......Gary Kennerson...Downunder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dennis devault stocks