1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurt Locker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 686beretta, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I heard O'Reilly talking about this movie, he said it is one of the few movies coming from Hollywood that is PRO military, was I dreaming? Who else has seen it and was he right?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good movie

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

My husband and I liked it. I would say it's neither pro- or anti-military - it doesn't push any ideology on the audience which is very refreshing for a change. The lead character was a renegade and I'm sure the real bomb disposal units would never operate that way, but it was a good, edge-of-the-seat movie which made us appreciate our troops.

ps an ex-Army member is suing the producers, claiming they made the movie about him without any acknowledgement, and claims he came up with the term "Hurt Locker" but I remember my husband using that phrase back when he was a Marine Lance Corporal before the 1990 Gulf War. That phrase has been around a long, long time.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rick Barker a question for you. What are the attitudes about this country that Hanks and Speilberg have????????????????????

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

It's an OK movie. Typical Hollywood version of war....lots of testasterone lots of bravado troubled man etc. I can't see why it got an award. it is not Band of Brothers nor is it Saving Provate Ryan....it's just OK.

Now, "Blind Side" was a much better story and a much better movie. Hollywood has it's prejudices.....

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

"Hurt Locker" was directed by Katherine Biegalow ex wife of James Cameron who directed "Avatar". Both were up for best picture and best director awards. She and the movie won best director and best picture awards. It was Hollywoods way of making up for never having a woman win the best director award before. Having seen both films, I agree, The Blind Side" was a much better film and Sandra Bullock deserved her award for best actress.

Eric

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I agree it was an opportunity to award the first female director an Oscar. We're watching the HBO series "The Pacific" and that's way better than the Hurt Locker.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Saw the movie, but don't think it was the best one for the award. I have yet to see "Blind Side", so I'll reserve my candidate for the winner until I do. Avatar effects were superb, but the story line was lacking. Almost dumbed down like a Disney production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.