1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurt Face

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by primer, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primer

primer TS Member

I shoot an O/U with porting and a recoil reducer. When I shoot the gun comes up and hits my face. Is there any way I can stop this. Thanks for the help.

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

If you are getting slapped, the gun does not fit right or you are holding incorrectly.

1. Keep your face on the stock
    2. If you are crawling into your stock and shooting without having your head close to upright, you are asking for trouble.
    3. Have a competent stock maker cut a couple degrees of back cut on your butt. It with drive the gun down and away from your face instead of up and into it.

Jeff

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Get the gun fit or buy a new stock that works.
    Joe

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Start by increasing the pitch. But for sure you need some help fitting the stock.

5. larryjk

larryjk Member

Have a stock maker that knows what he is doing check the pitch for you. It should be about 3 3/4 to 4 degrees of positive pitch.

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

A soft comb can help, $200. There are spacers available for changing pitch $4.00. Pad adjustors are available from Keith Heeg that change pitch and cast $200. I just got a new custom stock from Perazzi, it kicks up. I have changed the pitch with a tapered spacer and used a thinner recoil pad to maintain length of pull. You can use washers on either top or bottom of pad to see what helps. This is cheap and when all facial recoil is gone, I will make a permanent change. I have shot 800 targets as it is and it is virtually recoil free. It cost me nothing to find this out and another several 100 I will make the change.

7. bocephus

bocephus Member

Some people here have been pushing a release trigger, they say it cures all sorts of ailments, heck it will probably take care of any problems you have too.

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

bullfrog,

Are you by chance shooting a 101?

ec90t

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

and did you shoot the Michigan shoot?

10. primer

primer TS Member

I shoot a Beretta and I shoot it fairly well for me. I didn't shoot in Michigan I was at Jaqua's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.