1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HURRICANE SANDY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BROWNST100, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Looks and sounds like some of us might be in for a rough few days, shortly.

I hope everyone gets thru this with their health and no damages.

[​IMG]

Vern

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Bought $200 in gas yesterday,checking out my generators this morning. Jeff in VA.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The "East" could be off the power grid for up to 2 (two) weeks...

This ought to be interesting, especially in the 3rd World parts of our cities.

Curt

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

For all you fellas on the East Coast, I guess batten down the hatches would be a an understatement right now. Seriously though, good luck and be careful.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you live near the Jersey Shore , check your elevations & get you vehicles to high ground--if they get hit with salt water, they're totaled.

Phil Berkowitz

6. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Here in Western Pa, I just crawled my chubby azz on our roof and cleaned leaves from the rain gutters. They are calling for 2-4 inches of rain over a few days. Should be minor compared to the East Coast.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If it's as bad as predicted, if I was near the coastline I'd be out buying a pickup load of OSB and be boarding up my eastern facing windows.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Im right dead of the middle of the "totally screwed" section

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Keep on high ground Calvin, better yet evacuate, other stuff and be replaced

10. CalvinMD

Thanx Cat..we ought to be ok..my biggest concern is the old trees all around me...they withstood the last big blow so we got our fingers crossed

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Look at how high the clouds around the eye are even from space. There is sound in the clip.

<iframe width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight='0' scrolling="no" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/b35d61fc-c5e6-4099-ac58-6a745754f425/?vars=bWt0PWVuLXVzJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnNwZWNpYWxzLm1zbi5jb20lMkYlM0Z2aWRlb0lkJTNEJTdCMCU3RCUyNmZyb20lM0Rlbi11c19tc25ocHZpZG1vZCZzeW5kaWNhdGlvbj10YWcmY29uZmlnTmFtZT1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbnBsYXllciZsaW5rYmFjaz1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmJpbmcuY29tJTJGdmlkZW9zJmZyPXNoYXJlZW1iZWQtc3luZGljYXRpb24mY29uZmlnQ3NpZD1NU05WaWRlbw%3D%3D">
    <A href="http://specials.msn.com/?videoId=b35d61fc-c5e6-4099-ac58-6a745754f425&from=shareembed-syndication&src=v5:embed:syndication:&from=mpl_en-us_MSN_Video_en-us_dest_special_player" target="_new" title="Hurricane Sandy Seen From International Space Station">Video: Hurricane Sandy Seen From International Space Station</A>
    </iframe>

12. avery53

avery53 Member

(((( Im right dead of the middle of the "totally screwed" section )))

Calvin, you can send me your guns for safe keeping. Michigan looks to be pretty safe. LOL

13. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Praying for all you folks on or near the East Coast.

This one of the few times I'd say "I'm glad to be in Illinois".

Gene in Illinois

14. CalvinMD

Thanks Avery and Gene..I'll hang onto my guns though in case of mass looting and such ya know ; )

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The county set up an Emergency Shelter at our High School and it was opened at 5:00PM Oct, 27. A concerted effort has been made to bring all the people on Tangier Island over to the mainland. The island, which was first settled in the early 1600s, is very low and the conditions suggest that it will be completely overwashed. I have been following the forecast and the latest from the NHC keeps pushing landfall closer and closer to the northern Jersey shore...possibly Long Island. Good luck, everybody.

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Both my Son and Daughter live in New York City (Son in Brooklyn). Transit system shuts down at 7pm tonight. Son says stores are cleaned out. Daughter in Albaqurque NM trying to fly to JFK but she'll probably end up spending a couple nights in the airport.

blade819

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There is some good news as a result of this storm!

Obama has cancelled yet another trip planned to Colorado, just proves every storm cloud has a silver lining.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'm hitting the liquor store and loading the 30 round mags. {:

19. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Brenda was doing the grocery shopping, yesterday. She sent me a text saying that all the bottled water was gone, there were no "D" cell batteries and very few "AA"'s. This was early, about 9:30 am.

Lewisberry, Pa.

Vern

20. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

My family is in Pennsylvania. My wife's family is on Staten Island and the Jersey Shore. One of the few times I'm glad we are in California. We just have earthquakes and nutball democrat politicians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.