1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hurrican Irene

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ragman, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragman

ragman TS Member

Are any of the shoots in the North East being canceld because of hurrican Irene

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mallard Trap Club was having our Special Appreciation Day event on Sunday . Free food for all shooters and free shooting for all members and their family . Had $600 of food canceled yesterday and rescheduled it for Sept 25th . It is always a fun day but this Irene put the damper on it.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Its really putting a damper on our day here in S. Florida today!!! But nothing like the folks in N.C. and above will have to deal with. Best of Luck to you all!!! Break-em all. Jeff

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

Just hope everyone in the path stays safe.

5. msmith

msmith Member

The Delaware State Skeet shoot has been cancelled. I am looking forward to NY state shoot this weekend. Mike

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

We're holding our breath about the HOM league shoot at Carney on Sunday, and it looks like it's dead smack in the center of some of the predictions. Never shot in a Hurricane before; but if they're shooting, the guys from North Carroll, me included, will be there.

Just think: we can get patches made: "I SHOT IRENE".....grin

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This site will keep you updated.

Curt

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

don't know about trapshoots, but the phillies game was moved from Sunday to Saturday night.

9. ragman

ragman TS Member

New York not heard from

10. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Hey Gary, I bet the Phil's will have a better chance if they play Sunday night, after all.

It might work better for us if we shoot the York Co. league at New Oxford, first, have lunch, then go to Carney and shoot the HOM in the afternoon. Barb said: "No matter what you dopes do, you're gonna get your asses soaked". I'll get out my Muck boots!

mike

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I was in Newport News, in southeastern Virginia yesterday. It was 97, humid and very windy. The locals were bracing for the worst - I stopped at a Wawa for fuel before heading back and was going to get a fountain drink for the road but the cashiers all had lines of customers buying batteries and such in front of them. The manager of the Enterprise rental office I visited didn't expect to be open today.

Ed

12. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

ljutic 111, don't forget that the northern zone will be Sep 23, 24 and 25th in North Jersey Clay Target Club.

Peter

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

With the fear of 30 to 50 mph winds I had to take down a tree near the cottage. In the past years the tree lost a branch that impailed the roof and we then replaced the whole roof. This past summer another branch came off and hit the power line. With the up coming storm the person in the cottage said with the last wind storm that he heard the tree crack and sway to much. Fri he and I cut the tree down before I had to pick it off the cottage.

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Got lucky today. Just a lot of flooding. No tree damage to talk about and the electric is on.
    It was a good day for a hurricane for me. John

15. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

In southern Nh we had 5 " of rain and a VERY windy storm. Power out since about 9 this morning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.