1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting tonight? or this evening?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I guess we here in Tennessee speak a little differently that most folks.. When one of my buddies ask me if I want to go hunting tonight it either means coon hunting or frog hunting.. What I cant figure out is why people who deer hunt on tv will say, were going to hunt here tonight, or I shot a big buck tonight, or last night we saw a 10 pointer but didnt get a shot..the whole time they are really meaning "this evening" during daylighht hours. I even had a kid who wants to be on my 4h trap team who moved in here from Florida tell me he killed a 6 pointer last night..I told him he better hope the game warden didnt catch him hunting at night.. the kid looked really puzzled..

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Retired teacher or lawyer?

3. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

afternoon????????eveing??????????night????????????
    Guess it depends om where you live.....Stroker

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

One teen and two older tennagers were caught LAST NIGHT spotlighting. Their bad luck was when they shot the fake deer of the game warden. They shot it with buckshot and shot off the tail of the fake deer. OOOPPPPPSSS. HE HE HE Hope the courts fry their rear end but good.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

bklcloud, where here's my story and Iam sticking to it.

You see them thar deer are being hunted in the daylight hours. Not by the tv celeb but rather by a real hunter. Old tv celeb is in the cabin taking his afternoon beauty rest. Real hunter is fortunate and decks a deer. TV crew send the waterboy to the cabin to roust old Mr. Celeb from his nap and to get his but onto the set. Dreary eyed and still sucombed by his beauty rest the ole celeb mounts up on the four wheeler and heads to the kill site. Still dreary eyed, makeup person touches him up alittle and crewman gets him into position of real hunter. Now lights, camera, action and low and behold, beauty boy turns and camera catches his face from position of real hunter. But to this celeb who now has to remark upon his recent harvest, its all stil nightfall.

Tomorrow morning he is talking up a storm about his kill lastnite!

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hunting after dark is legal in a few counties around here, well for varmints anyway.

A red dot sight on a .22 carbine is a real hoot on a summer night out in an irrigation pivot.

Other than that when we say we shot a nice buck last night, we mean we got the old guy at dusk and then drank a bunch of whisky around the camp fire. None of that involved proper grammar.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

So is the evening meal supper or dinner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.