1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting television shows

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I enjoy watching the outdoor hunting, shooting and fishing shows. Why is it that on the hunting shows that the bowhunter or rifle/shotgun shooter after he takes his shot and whether he connects or not continues with his target he continues with that incessant whispering. Does he think his target or possibly others actually hang around and his normal voice might scare them away?

PS: I got a reply from Mike Unes of Ill. running for state rep. in my district when I mailed him questions about the 2nd. amend., guns, hunting etc. His answer in short was that he supports hunters and "FISHERS". I'm sure that will make all you FISHERS want to vote for hin come Nov. 2nd.

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I think they must add the talking after the hunt because where I hunt (northern Minn. wolf country) if you have a safety that makes any noise they are gone before you get the gun to your shoulder. Some look pretty fake and I don't think they do hunting any favors. Glenn

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

These shows are edited and assembled afterwards. Glenn's right in that they can record narration and filler either before or after the "action" sequences, even on another day. They may have to record a day's worth of content to assemble a 30 minute show. And if you are a careful observer you will sometimes see that the "talent" changes clothing or accessories during the episode as they may slip in some stock footage from another episode when thy don't get what they want on a given day.

MK

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Another aspect you're overlooking is that they are hunting land used by guide services. Keeping it down won't ruin the spot for the next hunter using that general area. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

5. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Who cleans all those ducks and geese?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.