1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting release trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbshep, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbshep

jbshep Member

Interested to learn if there are many other users of the Perazzi release trigger system designed and built by Mel and Glen Hunting. This trigger is amazing! I bought mine from Glen installed in a TMX. It is the fastest, smoothest trigger I have ever shot. It is not a modified Perazzi trigger group but a completely unique design in a Perazzi drop-out housing. The design is similar to the Ljutic Dynakick in that it employes a round cylindrical bolt/hammer. The hammer is driven by a massive spring and moves only a fraction of an inch. There is simply no comparison to any other release trigger; I've tried them all. It is almost like cheating. I'd like to hear from other users. Thanks - Brad

2. jbshep

jbshep Member

Thanks, Jerry. Sounds like you are talking about the Hunting's release conversion. I have one of their double release conversions and it is great too. The cylindrical hammer version is a single only and may be unique to Perazzi. Correct me if I am wrong. - Brad

3. jbshep

jbshep Member

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Glenn Hunting--813-892-0545. Do not call him before about 9:30 A.M.(Silver Dollar Florida time) or you might get a lecture about how some work late at night and sleep in late in the morning. He is a little difficult to contact by telephone.

Pat Ireland

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

They make some of the best releases I ever shot have been using them for 30 years I hate to say this because as the busier they are the longer the wait time is for my work. They are as good as it gets and many of their triggers are their own design not a copy of another design. I new I was in the right place years ago when they replaced a locking bolt in a old single barrel they just made me a new one out of better steel. When a gunsmith says I just make a new part hes my kind of guy.

6. Snooky

Snooky Member

I am glad these people had such good results. For a different opinion pm me.

7. jbshep

jbshep Member

George: Have you seen or used Glen's bolt/hammer trigger (don't know what else to call it). Nothing like it out there that I can find.

8. wbill

wbill Member

How does the fell of the roller release differ from the standard release?

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bill. The Allem roller Release has 5 different sizes of "roller" cams that alter the speed/duration of the trigger. And since parts touch but do nto rub. Ther is no wear. But their old one is pretty damn fine too. I shoot one in a TM and would not ever sell it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mel bolt trap

mel hunting gunsmith florida