1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunters/Shooters PLEASE BOYCOTT Colorado........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Perazzi_MX8, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

The Governor and the Democratic legislature just passed anti-gun legislation that was an injustice to the decent law abiding citizens. The anti-gun people from across the nation were here and allowed to address the democratic majority of legislators. These miss-guided baboons are destroying our 2nd Amendment rights and freedom to protect ourselves. How can legislating the behavior or physical characteristics of guns, or any other inanimate objects, going to lead to a safer environment?

I hope all hunters, fisherman, skiers, competitive shooters BOYCOTT Colorado. Take your money and vacation time to another state and then maybe these same people will do something about it. It seems odd that you can come here and smoke dope, be recognized as a gay couple, but don't get caught with an 16+ round or more magazine, sell, or loan a gun to a friend or family member. Then we have to get permission from the infallible federal pukes if we are allowed to buy, own, or posses a gun to protect ourselves or continue to enjoy recreational shooting. The Olympic Shooting training center should move to another state just like Magpul will.

Take a quote from KING PINOCCHIO, as seen on the cover of this months NRA magazine, and "Make it Hurt". Spend your money in a more gun friendly state.

Embarrassed to live in Colorado........Duane

2. wlc

wlc Member

It seems counterproductive to boycott shooting clubs that are providing a service to shooters. I know what you are saying, it just seems wrong to hurt the clubs.

3. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

If the word gets out, you'll also be hurting the gas stations, restaurants, motels, etc. But those businesses need to be told why their business is down. Too bad the Olympic Training Center and ranges are in Colorado Springs. I feel strongly enough about this that I won't go.

4. Perazzi_MX8

One of Colorado's largest economic sectors is tourism. A sharp drop in out-of-state license revenue to hunt and fish, will put pressure on the legislators.

We don't have large shoots here anymore, that draw many out of state shooters, except for the state shoot in the small town of Delta. I don't think the average club would notice any change at all.

The real economic impact would be your dollars not spent on lodging, gas, food and keeping the tourist traps alive. I urge you to send the Governor an email or letter telling him your not coming to Colorado this year and why. He's a fool but not a complete idiot. His business background of selling beer and food will hopefully wake him up. If he understands the crap he signed lead to the loss in tourism, business revenue and taxes, he might understand. Let our convention center sit empty by all gun people taking their business elsewhere.

5. Poacher502

Poacher502 TS Member

Well man just remember that due to this new law if the police seize your weapon or magazine in Colorado they will be breaking the chain of ownership hence also breaking the law so you can always have your arresting officer arrested for a gun violation too
    Part of the issue in Colorado is the majority of gun owners didn't do anything to oppose it they all gave up before it was done or at least the group of people I know did they didn't call the senators they didn't email call tweet or even go to a rally they just sat back and bitched and did nothing but watch it happen
    5% of the population is "gay" out of that 5% 95% of them have voiced there opinion
    Amendment 64 every registered stoner voted for it I don't know any that didn't
    45% of the pop owns a firearm out of that 45% 2 to 3% were actually proactive and voiced an opinion so that leaves 40+% that the gov looks at that agree with the legislation along with the anti-gun majority so it's an overwhelming victory by the numbers for the evil empire until we we can get a majority of gun owners to be proactive we aren't going to get anything done lets hope that the 45% shows up at election time
    Matt

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I sure hope that shooters are smart enough to realize that it is a very poor idea to boycott shooting in the state because of this law. Something about "cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

Eliminating trapshooting in the state will not help anyone. On the contrary, a strong presence can only help in the future.

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I would boycott them they already said they don't want guns so keep them out of there, it is too bad for the small people but if enough of them get fed up they should be able to make a change

If you keep patronizing them it is the same as giving welfare to a person they will never get off of it or change

I did write a letter to Hickenlooper stating that if he signed the laws that our families would never go back there for skiing, hunting or anything else

Guess he doesn't care about out of staters

8. steele

steele TS Member

According to the Colorado DOW website, there were 229,000 non-resident big game licenses sold on 2009, bringing in over 110 million dollars to Colorado. A loss
    of $110 million should get someones attention. I think the outfitters, stores, hotels, car rentals, etc, should get into the act too as they are the ones who would take a pretty hit in the wallet. The hunters/vacationers need help from the Colorado businesses to get the point across. Butch from Pgh

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

When the unemployment rate jumps up to 15%, along with the business closings, and the finger pointing begins, you might want to watch out for a backfire, if the boycott works.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

Anyone living in Colorado is responsible and must pay the price for allowing these anti gunners to be elected into office. Until it cost them $$$$$$$$$$ they don't care and won't make the changes needed in that state. I cannot bleed for a state that has turned this liberal in a short time.

BOYCOTT Colorado

11. Perazzi_MX8

thunder,

I have lived here in Colorado for 29 years and vote in every local, state and federal election. I sent letters to the legislators, emailed them and called voicing my opposition to every anti-gun law they were considering. It has fallen on deaf ears whenever the Democrat's are in office. I was turned away at the Capital to sit in when the laws were read because it was full. Before you say everybody in Colorado is responsible you should think first.

Our state has become a much different place than when I moved here from the Midwest. The early 80's we had as many as 100 families a day moving here. In the 90's we had a huge influx of people from CA. because of their job loses at home. With them came the Liberal idea's and ideology. Housing was cheap compared to theirs so they came and grabbed the bargains with the equity out of their houses. We don't have DO NOT CALIFORNICATE COLORADO bumpers stickers for no reason. Now we have a "Surf's Up Dude, Pass me the Refer Man" kind of political climate. Wyoming is looking better everyday.

Duane

12. niagara

niagara TS Member

Colorado is on my do not enter list along with the other anti-gun states!

13. titan01

titan01 Member

I agree screw um.

14. thunder

thunder Active Member

Boycott is the only way. Get more people out to vote liberals anti gunners out of office, if Colorado doesn't the bleeding won't stop.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Kolorado. The new Kalifornia of the Rockies.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Kolorado. The new Kalifornia of the Rockies.

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

No...it is not KOLORADO....it is COLOFORNIA...

Bottom line: One either contributes to the economy of a DEEP BLUE state (as evidenced by their laws,e.g., promotes adultery, pot, high taxes, bans capital punishment for heinous crimes, increases taxes, fosters the "victimization" mind set, promotes dependence and entitlement, etc.)

OR, one does not.

Either one gives aid to the liberals or one does not....

What side are you on?

BOYCOTT THE LEFT WING NANNY STATES....SPEND YOUR MONEY IN RED STATES!

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The way things are going in almost every state, shooters will have no place to go that isn't anti-gun.

Curt

19. Perazzi_MX8

20. Poacher502

Poacher502 TS Member

Well it's April 2nd, today is colorados deadline for big game applications and should be a tell tale sign if hunters are really persueing a boycott I know they didn't get my 550 in applications and I have refunded all my clients deposits for the 2013-2014 hunting seasons and will be closing the doors on my outfitting business after spring turkey season as it will be hard torun a business with no clients ! I sure hope it's worth it
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.