1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunters NOT going to Colorado

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

US hunters begin boycott over Colorado gun laws
    Associated Press – 1 hr 13 mins ago

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Hunters across the United States are boycotting Colorado because of recent legislation meant to curtail gun violence.

Michael Bane, a producer for The Outdoor Channel, announced he will no longer film his four shows in Colorado, and hunters are joining the protests.

Hunting outfitters say people began cancelling trips after the legislation passed, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported (http://tinyurl.com/cfbquoy ). The numbers are few, but growing.

Link to the full article Here

2. 3357

3357 Member

My hunting partner and I have cut Colorado from our multi state bird hunt this fall.

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

BOYCOTT COLOFORNIA! Hunt Wyoming, Montana, Idaho or Utah!

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Some of the biggest sources of income for many states' DNR are out of state hunters.

5. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Yes, go to Wyoming. Very good hunting there!!!! Stop by and see Phil at Glen Rock.

6. 3200-2- man

3200-2- man TS Member

This is going to be interesting , there are other western states offering
    additional tags this year ,just to give hunters a place to go spend their money .
    This would be a great influx to their economy and businesses are greeting this
    with open arms .
    We have to show our support to these states and as far as California's
    ( disease ) is concerned ,we don't want it to spread !

7. northern mist

northern mist TS Member

GunDr got it right, here in MI. licenses for out of state hunters is well over$200 for deer. Additionally, I know a large group of people that travel to Colofornia every year. I truly think the writer is wearing rose colored glasses. As for me, Colorado just moved completely off the list for any travel.

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

You guys don't get it.These libs will be happy there will be less hunters.They don't give a s=== about economic reprecussions.It will hurt business owners.It won't hurt them.I'm not saying I disagree with a boycott I'm just saying if you think the lawmakers that have made these laws care you are giving them too much credit.And it won't hurt the people that voted them in.The people that voted them in don't own businesses and for the most part probably don't work.

Darr

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Darr, are you stuttering??? Why not delete 2 of them? Bulge.

10. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

What a douchebag writer, he's no sportsman at all, my hope is someday after all the lost revenue in the state from people not spending money there and business's leaving,their taxes takes a huge hike, then we'll see how those liberals like it............

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yup, the world sure is a better place since all of these libtards have taken control- Said no one with as many as 2 active brain cells left.

12. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

They don't care,and don't want gun owners in their state!This exactly what they voted for and they won!

13. 3200-2- man

3200-2- man TS Member

I do love hunting Colorado for the last 14 years but , My group of 8
    will be going somewhere else this year , in-fact we are driving around the
    state just to avoid it , adding 200 miles to our trip and 2 nights lodging .

14. 548

548 Guest

Don't you think hunters will go where the game is? I do.

15. rodney57104

rodney57104 Member

I've hunted Elk in the Steamboat Springs area 5 out the last 8 years. I won't go back. Going to Wyoming this year.

16. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

548- you'll be right at home with them.

That is, assuming you actually are a hunter and not just a troll.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I don't hunt in Colorado, but we had planned to go to Cripple Creek, Pike's Peak, Colorado Springs, Estes Park, ride the steam railroads, etc.

Not now and not ever.

My tourist dollars will go to a state that does not attack civil rights.

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

No tax money for left-wingers......when the tax money dries-up they will raise taxes and the left-wingers who abandoned KALIFORNIA and poisoned COLOFORNIA may now abandon COLOFORNIA and move to OREGON?

VOTE INTELLIGENTLY DURING MID TERM ELECTIONS: RESCUE THE SENATE!

19. Twixter

Twixter Member

Why not boycott Coors. That is something we all can take part in.

20. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

Brilliant! Bankrupt the outfitters, small store owner, gas station owners in the mountains, to give the liberal ass front range exactly what they want, less guns in their state. I lived in CO. for a number of years, and made lifelong friends with many hunters and shooters there, I know the people a boycott will hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.