1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunters Lodge,Corp-THEFT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TALLEND, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

I think everyone should know of the way customers are treated at this place----

-I ordered a bayonet from them>phone conversation<--was told the price was

89.95,high price,but ok-----today I got the bayonet with a price of 125.00

charged to my credit card---I called them,and was told that was "the price

with the sheath"----I said "I was told the price for the bayonet was 89.95,I

wasnt told of any extra charges for a sheath"........Their reply was to "send

the sheath back,insured",and they would credit my account with the difference

SO----Either I pay extra,for an item I didnt order,or send it back and loose

even more money on return shipping and insurance. I will never do business

with them again,and I hope this information keeps someone else from getting

shafted by hunters lodge in Tennessee.

Thanks for reading my RANT.....................................Tom

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Since you used your credit card for the purchase, just dispute the charges so they won't get paid for the item.

When they call you for payment or product, just tell them that you'd be happy to return it if they want to pay for shipping. Or offer them the 89.95 that was agreed on and call it good. And then pay them by postal service money order or personal check.

Never let a business bully you around!

ec90t

3. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Exactly what ec90t said. Call your credit card company and dispute the charge so they do not get paid.

4. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

They had the money transfered before the items were sent-------"my bank

said"without a paper trail,its your word againts thiers"

they want a 20% re-stock fee,(plus my cost to return the items)

When I asked for the manger,I was told,"I am the manager,good bye"

Like I said,"Maybe the information will save someone else from getting shafted"

Tom

5. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

re: They had the money transfered before the items were sent

It does not matter when the money was transferred when using your credit card.

As stated above, call your credit card company...

7. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Tom is your credit card or debit card tied to your checking or savings acct? I had the same problem with a motel in mass. this past week .my card is a credit /debit card tied to my checking acct they already got my money how would you stop or hold payment??next time i`ll tell my wife to use the credit only card then maybe there could be recourse.That MGR. is a JA.the sales person should have informed you that bayonet comes with a sheath (optional) if you want it then it is xtra and the total bill including S&H is xxx.. thanks for clueing us in I`ll pass on the place.. thanks Mark

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

The credit card company will debt their account and make them return the money if they want to continue accepting credit cards. I believe this is correct. It used to be that way when I was in business. The business is wrong and they should stand up and fix the deal. Contact the better business bureau in the city they are in. motordoc

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Call the credit card company and dispute the charges, they will ask you 20 questions about the transaction and they will get it straightened out for you ... They have ways to do things we would never think of ... I have seen them in action more than once and they are good at what they do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Better Business Bureau is nothing. they send a letter to a concern if there is a complaint against them. That's all they do.

The credit card company is your best resource. They want your business and will go a long way to defend you. That said, they will also change the payment date in order to drop a late fee on you (They make millions that way).

Dial that 800 number now. And if you get ANY waffling just speak to a supervisor. cubicle monkeys don't have as much power.

HM

11. creteham

creteham Member

Credit card company is the way to go. Better Business Bureau is a joke. You can be the crookedest shyster in the world, but if you pay their annual "membership fee" you'll never get a "bad report."

FWIW
    Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.