1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunter causes Pelosi scare

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=98258&catid=188<br>
    <br>
    KUSA - A Wyoming hunter who accidentally caused a security concern at the Grand Hyatt hotel Saturday says he's sorry for the problems he caused and didn't know the Democratic National Convention was in town.<br>
    <br>
    When Joseph Calanchini walked into the Grand Hyatt hotel with 2 rifles and 2 pistols Saturday around 4 p.m., Denver Police evacuated House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) from the hotel until they arrested Calanchini and made sure it was safe for Pelosi to return.<br>
    <br>
    "I didn't even know the DNC was in town. I don't watch the news," said Joseph Calanchini from the Denver City Jail where he's being held on bond. "If I had known, I would have done things differently. It was a simple mistake."<br>
    <br>
    Calanchini, who talked to 9Wants to Know from the Denver City Jail, says he had the weapons because he's getting ready to go on a hunting safari trip in Limpopo Basin, South Africa on August 28. He plans to hunt warthog, impala, baboon and jackals with a friend there.<br>
    <br>
    He says he had just picked up his rifles from the Sportsman's Warehouse and had them in a locked gun case when he checked in at the Grand Hyatt. The clerk checking him in noticed the rifle case and called security.<br>
    <br>
    "I'm amazed. It's not like they were illegal weapons, they were all registered to me," said Calanchini. "It was bad timing."<br>
    <br>
    Police say Calanchini had permits for the rifles, but did not have concealed permits to carry two pistols that were found in his luggage. Calanchini says he forgot they were in there.<br>
    <br>
    He was charged with unlawfully carrying weapons, a misdemeanor. Calanchini is being held on $10,000 bond at the Denver City Jail.<br>
    <br>
    "I didn't mean to cause any problems," said Calanchini. "I'm sorry, it was not intentional."<br>
    <br>
    Calanchini, who is registered as an independent, says he doesn't know who he's going to vote for yet.<br>
    <br>
    "Would this affect my choice as a candidate? No. There's more important issues than this," said Calanchini.<br>
    <br>
    The 29-year-old man from Pinedale, Wyoming, has never been arrested before. He says he's hunted for several years in places like Canada, California and Wyoming. He planned the safari to South Africa with a friend in June.<br>
    <br>
    He says the U.S. Secret Service interviewed him for an hour and a half on Saturday to make sure he's not a threat.<br>
    <br>
    "They know I'm not trying to do anything," he said.<br>
    <br>
    Calanchini, who sells drilling tools across Colorado and Wyoming, says he is a frequent guest at the Grand Hyatt.<br>
    <br>
    But the Grand Hyatt General Manager says he was not a registered guest at the hotel.<br>
    <br>
    "We don't know why he was walking through our hotel," said General Manager Ed Bucholtz.<br>
    <br>
    After police searched and towed Calanchini's car, they allowed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) back into the hotel.<br>
    <br>
    "The speaker was never in any danger. And she appreciates the quick and professional response of the police," said Brendon Daly, Pelosi spokesman.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This can't be a true story. Ms. Pelosi would never stay at the Grand Hyatt. I would expect Madame Pelosi to stay in a Motel 6 or the Red Roof Inn out by the airport and mingle with the commom folk she professes to care for so much.

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

I think she's hot.

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

ATA shooter -

If Nancy Pelosi is hot, Janet Reno must have given you a real woodie!! LOL!!

JK

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you think she's hot you need to have your eyes checked. She looks like somebodys grandma. It's amazing what you can do with a little bondo and spackle. It even makes Nazi Pelosi a little less scary lookin'.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

If my dog were that ugly I'd shave her ass and make her walk backwards,,,

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It would seem Democrats delight in being afraid of SOMETHING. It must be in their nature to be scared of life in general, and to be terrified of those who live without fear.

8. tomk2

tomk2 Member

So, you are not allowed to check into the Hyatt with a gun in its case? Is that Hyatt policy, Denver law,Colorado law, or are liberties suspended everywhere Ms. Pelosi goes?

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

did she have to duck sniper fire leaving the hotel???

tony

10. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Devil... Why is having pistols in your luggage illegal? If they were unloaded and properly cased, it's not illegal... Regardless of whether or not he forgot they were in there, sounds like typical dem grandstanding to me. This guy should not be in jail. There has to be more to this story than they're telling. I've travelled with my guns quite a bit in the past, and they always go in the hotel room with me... which is my temporary residence.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

AFIK "concealed" means on your person. Something's rotten in Denver.

HM

12. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

This Headline should read,

Pelosi causes hunters scare.

Arnie

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The 29-year-old man from Pinedale, Wyoming, has never been arrested before. He says he's hunted for several years in places like Canada, California and Wyoming. He planned the safari to South Africa with a friend in June.

June? The last I looked the DNC started a couple of days ago.

10,000.00 bail for a misdemeanor??? Something is foul with this story.

14. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

I don't know but he sure could have found a few of each of his prey there in Denver!! "He plans to hunt warthog, impala, baboon and jackals" lol Matter of fact the warthog is going to speak tonight! lol

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Guns and pistols big deal not a problem right? The fact that the hotel registar says he wasn't registered there and from the smell of it didn't know him and the guy says he'd used that hotel all the time? Hmmmmmmmm something stinks I think. I'll bet that guy is in more trouble than he knows. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.