1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunt Of A Lifetime

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jon Reitz, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

and again..

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

In case you want to find out more about "Hunt Of A Lifetime" you can go to the listed web site (repeated below):
    Hunt Of A Lifetime
    Phone:
    866-345-4455

Postal Mail:
    P.O.Box 241 Harborcreek,PA 16421

IMPORTANT!!!
    JUST BE SURE TO USE THE .ORG URL. There is a commercial guide service that is NOT the group that provides hunting experiences for youth with severe health problems.

I can not say if this commercial outfitter is trying to capitalize on the Hunt Of A Lifetime.ORG name because I do not know when they started operations. I can tell you that when my cousin (who started me in both hunting and trap shooting) died back in 2001, September 9th to be exact, Hunt of a Lifetime (Youth program) was already a well established organization. They received "In Lieu of Flowers" contributions from some of my cousins mourners.

Hunt of a Lifetime started small as a local charity in northwestern PA sometime back in the 1990's as near I as can remember and has grown considerably since then. One of the reasons it started was when "Make a Wish" decided they would not support hunting wishes for sick kids, Hunt of a Lifetime jumped in to fill the gap. THEY ARE VERY MUCH WORTH YOUR SUPPORT!

Since I have no idea of where Croghan NY is located, could you give me some idea referenced on one of the larger NY cities.

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Sorry but I won't be making your shoot. It is just a bit too far away and on the same weekend there is a family event planned a long time back.

I did have a family vacation in your area, now that I know where you are at, a few years ago and it is indeed a great area to visit. I never associated the rugged wildness of the Adirondack Park with the same state that has The Bronx, Brooklyn and all the other publicity hogging cities of New York state. The museum in the middle of the park is well worth the trip. The kids really enjoyed the water park and Enchanted Forest on the eastern side of the park.

I wish you great success in your efforts to help Hunt of A Lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.