1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunt for Wal mart 5.00 shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Well,after reading the first few posts just before my trip from Atlanta to Williamsburg Va I decided to check a few on my 600 mile drive up Interstate 85. I waited until the return trip 5 days to stop at 8 Wal marts. The very first one in Va I got lucky and found 3 Rem STS and 3 Nitro 5.00.I thought ahhhh maybe I will find lots more as I traveled my way South. No way, some stores never even knew about the sale, or all were gone.I really don't need them I have 35 bags of shot and atleast 15 flats sitting that I reloaded. Today back in Atlanta I found one box of 20 ga Win at one store and 5 boxes of sts at the other. Hard to figure how stores in this area had the sale and another never had any idea it was going on. Anyway it made for a fun scavenger hunt on the trip. I know many of your gents got many boxes way to go I am happy to get 11 and thanks for the heads up.Hope some of you are still hunting Good Luck

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I checked all the Walmarts in Boise - no sales

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

There are 3 here in the Fredericksburg area. At the 1st I scored 20 boxes of STS 2 3/4 dram loads. 9 #8 and 11 #7 1/2 plus I was able to turn my buddy on to some AA low noise/low recoil 26gram #8s for his daughter to shoot. All marked down to $5 a box. The rest of the marked down stuff was sporting loads and a few 20 skeet loads. Both STS and AA

At the second there were no markdowns and the clerk was insulted when I asked him to call the manager and ask because they were marked down at store #1.

I'll try #3 after our match tomorrow.

--- Chip King ---

4. 682b

682b Member

I don't like to go to Wall mart but I did call several in the local area (central VA)within 10 miles of I85 and 95. The first was at south park in Colonial Heights VA. no sale ,the second in Petersburg had the same out come but when I called the Chesterfield store on Rt.1 the had lots of 20 GA AA for 5.00 but all the 12's were 7.57 Go get them I did not. JIM

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You are bit late. My local Walmart, I was just there, only has some 20 gauge Remingtons left....The 12 gauge AAs left are $10.98 a box....

I don't feel bad...I am the one who cleaned-out all other the $5.00 boxes.....

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

striper

ride over to birmingham they had tons for sale,i bought all the 20 gauge i could find while there,i am back in the augusta area now though.

bill

7. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

I found 10 cases of 12 gauge..AA's 8's and 9's Reminton 23/4 dram 8's 71/2's and Nitro 8's... Of course I got greedy and bought them all. Starke, Fl Don

8. gold40

gold40 Member

The WAL-MART's in the St. Louis area have WW Super Speeds 1 oz. in 12 gauge on sale for $4.50/box. The AA's are mostly sold out.

JERRY

9. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I stopped off at the Ballinger, Tx (pop 5,000) small Wal-Mart. I picked up a flat plus a few boxes of STS and a flat and a few boxes of AA all for $5 per box. Also picked up a few boxes of AA in 20ga #9 for skeet. Try some of the smaller, non-super stores, for good deals.

tony garza
    tonygrz

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

last time a walmart in my area had a sale on ammo or guns, when I went in a week later, no more guns no more ammo. 2 stores now. Walmart only sells ammo now in massachusetts. I dont believe that will last much longer. STS and AA have never been cheaper at local walmart. Walmart price match is on regular priced items. They do not have to match sale prices even from store to store. When we do get a flyer for walmart it usually has a list of stores where aval.

11. primed

primed Well-Known Member

This started over a week ago. I ended up with 30 flats. He who hesitates is lost.

Bob

12. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

The interesting part is I can load comparable shells for half the price. Why jump on the greed band wagon? LOL BRGII

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I don't know why it would be a greed wagon? I personnaly wanted to 410 and 28 gauge shells and could use them for reloading instead of buying hulls. I did buy three cases of 20ga as I reload them also. Some peoples money is longer than others I guess. LOL Jackie B.

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Local WalMart had $7.57 marked on the shelf. Took a box to the scanner that hangs on the wall. $4.50 it blinks. Unfortunately they only had four boxes of light 7.5's in the store.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

get your gas card redemption

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I went to my local WalMart yesterday in search of cheap shells. All the AAs and STS were $7.74 a box. There was actually a kid in the sports section and I had him scan a box and they were marked the correct price. I told him I heard other WalMart stores were selling shells for $5 a box. He said he heard same, but not this store.

I have nothing agaisnt WalMart but about 1 trip a year to the place is enough for me. Between the fat people riding the scooters up and down the aisles, kids screaming at the top of their lungs, families fighting over how many cookies they should get, yesterday must of been "immigrant" day. 75% of the customers were speaking a language other than English, and they were swarming the "back to school" supply, and clothing area. Never saw so much pushing and shoving. Somebody must have given out gift or debit cards.

17. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Mac

Thanks for the Winchester link just picked up 10 boxes of AA 20GA at Dicks this will bring the price down to about $5.00.

Ronbo

18. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bisi:

Your comment about fat people on scooters rang a bell.

Around the first of this year, my local Wally World was replaced with new Super Wally with groceries. The local paper reported Super Wally had brought competition to town. According to one opening day eye witness, "I saw a fat man and an old lady competing for one of them motorized scooters".

sissy : )

19. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Stopped at local Wal-Mart and cleaned them out of Rem. STS ammo, only 14 boxes of 2-3/4 dram 7-1/2 and 8s for $4.00 a box. Asked and they will not be getting any more shells at this price so 14 boxes at $4.00 is better than nothing,

20. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

No sales in Charlotte area WalMarts........stopped at all of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.