1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Humor

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BRGII, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

An Inspirational TrapShooting Story

Recently I was asked to shoot in a 50/50/50 trapshooting tournament. At first I said, 'Naaahhh! I already shoot 4 or 5 times a week.'

Then they said to me 'Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids.'

Then I thought....

Shit, I could win this

2. slik

slik TS Member

Reminds of the time I went to a benifit Sporting Clays shoot for Special Olympics. There were some good shooters there but somehow I managed to beat them all.

They were giving out a pretty nice trophy, which I thought was pretty cool, and actually quite proud of it. I seldom take my reading glasses to shoots, so was surprised when I got home and showed the wife. She pointed out the inscription on it. "1st place Special Olympics".

Said she wasn't real impressed with me beating up on some kids with special needs and I should have given the trophy to one of the children. Oh well.

Reminds of another benifit shoot I went to. I happened to have a good day and won. Could not believe the money they paid out for first place! So I go back next year and take the wife, was going to show her what an ace she really had.

Wonder of wonders, I win again. So before the awards are passed out I am spending money like a drunkin sailor on drawings (which I have never or will ever win), and other stuff.

Finally the wife says, don't you think your going a little overboard on this? I say naw, these guys pay great and I would just as soon see it go back to the charity, and besides I will get most of it back or more.

When they handed out the prizes they said they were keeping everything for the charity (which was OK), and they gave me 4 boxes of shells. It was a long and quiet ride home. Oh well.

slik

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

BRG you owe me a keyboard. That was just too funny. Jackie B.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

So even if you won a prize at the Special Olympics...you are still a retard.