1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Humor: For you grandparents.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

RETARDED GRANDPARENTS - (this was actually reported by a teacher)

After Christmas, a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their
    holiday away from school.One child wrote the following:

"We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to
    live in a big brick house but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida

"Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like
    grass.. They ride around on their bicycles and wear name tags because
    they don't know who they are anymore.

"They go to a building called a wreck center, but they must have got it
    fixed because it is all okay now, they do exercises there, but they don't do
    them very well.There is a swimming pool too, but they all jump up and down
    in it with hats on.

"At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man sitting in it.
    He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out, and go
    cruising in their golf carts.

"Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And, they eat the same thing every
    night --- early birds. Some of the people can't get out past the man in the
    doll house. The ones who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center
    for pot luck.

"My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and
    says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too. When I earn my
    retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people
    out, so they can visit their grandchildren.

...... PRICELESS

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

My wife is a principal for a K / 5 school and this actually happened.
    Had a little boy in Kindergarten and he is a good kid just 110% little boy. Each day at lunch Grandpa would pick him up and they would go to the fish farm and spend the afternoon. First day of first grade the teacher comes to wife's office at the end of the day and tells the story. Little guy comes in and gets seat assignments. 30min or so wants to know when he goes outside to play. Teacher says that in the first grade you have to stay at your desk and work--dejected look, no comment. Another hour and he wants to hnow when they will have recess--same story stay and work. Finally lunch comes and when teacher goes back into room little boy is cleaning out his books from the desk. She askes what he is doing and he says "Papa will be outside and we will go to the fish farm" She says No you are in the first grade now and you have to stay until 3 o'clock and work. He says Every day? -- Yes-- he puts his hands on his hips, looks her in the eye and says "JUST WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS S#$%"
    She lost it and had to have a helper from next door sit in until she could keep a straight face again.
    Little boys are special---little boys with Papa's are extra special!!

3. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

----- Thanks to Barrelbulge and Jim Porter----- I needed that.. What two great little stories.... Thanks again guys... Dave Oberst

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

How true,being a lucky grandpa (10 grandchildren) i would not trade it for anything..Ross

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great stories guys

6. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

What a great couple of posts! I have a Grandson in the 2nd grade now and he and I are tight. I taught him to fish and shoot. Bought him a 11-87 20 ga. Youth yesterday, as a matter of fact, based on Ken Rucker's advice.

This thread meant even more to me as I am his "Papa"

HBT

7. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

One of mine asked her mother on the 3rd day of Kindergarten "how long do I have to do this?" Grtandkids are great.
    Jim

8. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Not a grandpa but my 3 yr old in Pre K was asked by her teacher what her parents liked for snacks during the super bowl. My daughter replied "they don't like snacks just whisky and beer" WOW was I a proud parent my wife dosen't even drink........

9. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

When my eldest granddaughter was 3 or 4 she came to stay with us one weekend. Friday night is trapshooting night for me, but the girls ( wife and granddaughter) wanted to go see a movie. So, we picked a movie and a time and as luck would have it, there was enough time to go to the club and squeeze in a round of trap. When I was done shooting and had stowed the gear in the truck, and we had headed for the movie, the little one asked me several times
    "Where's my shootgun Pap?" I told her I would be happy to get her a "shootgun" if she would make me one promise. She has to learn to be a better shot than her Dad is. (my eldest son) She hasnt forgotten either. One day soon I am going to the club with 4 little ones and begin the process of showing them guns and how to shoot--better than their Dad!!
    Kevin McIlwain

10. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

This thread was a real "upper", until I stopped to think what kind of a mess we are leaving for them. $1.7 trillion deficit in the Federal budget this year - was that what I heard yesterday? I hope our grandkids can survive the clowns we have running our country and world.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Pocatello,,,,they are not clowns,,,,more like traitors tearing down our great country!!!

Wonderful stories. :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.