1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hummingbird Depth Finder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by glenn mcleod, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Hummingbird has a new"sidefinder" depth finder that is suppose to have 180 degree 3 dimensional fish finding out to approx 50 feet out from the boat. Has anyone tried or purchased one of these yet? Glenn

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Glenn, I've watched the video demos at the Sportsman's Show for two years now and read the handouts and so on and I just can't figure out what I'm looking at. Maybe it's one of those things that will suddenly snap into understanding, but I've not gotten there yet. As I left this year I saw what appeared to be a seminar to help people dope it out, but I didn't tarry.

Neil

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

There is a sportshow this weekend and I'm going to look it over. Sometimes the new stuff is more complicated than it's worth. Nice to hear from you, spring is just around the corner and fishing can't be far behind. Glenn

4. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

I envisioned markings on their bills(beaks). LOL

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I've wasted lots of money on graphs. I have a Hummingbird 3d with side scan I bought six or seven years ago. I've spent more time fooling with the thing than fishing. Wish I had the money back. All that is needed is a decent graph that shows the depth and bottom structure and forget the gimmicks.

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Jerry P , I'M beginning to think you are correct. If this new one is something special I'll let everyone know. glenn

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Glenn,

You should just stick with the standard locators.....but gettting a bigger and faster boat to scan the bottom will save you time trying to figure out the side scan.(hahaha)

Doug

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now Remember, around these parts the rule is you need at least 10 hp of motor for every one foot of boat. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.