1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull sales

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

How long ago was it changed when individuals could no longer sale hulls on TrapShooter.com. I was banned for a week for posting some hulls for sale rather than burn them After my ban was over I did go to the rules and see that only registered vendors can sell hulls now. Just wondered?

mike-sid thanked this.
  2. msmith

msmith Member

I was banned for the same reason. I have sold hulls here previously but not no more. Mike

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Have to say it's bull....... policy!

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Looks like you can sell a truck or a house but not hulls. Interesting!!!!!!

Lee Fischer thanked this.
  5. mike-sid

mike-sid Active Member

And I got banned responding to a post selling .410 hulls.:xpb_thumbsdown:

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Another "gotcha" rule that was secretly changed but never announced to anyone.

When it would take 30 seconds to let EVERYONE on the forum know there's been a rule change via mass PM, there is ZERO excuse for not updating members.

I have a feeling that anyone who participates in the sale section of this site is eventually gunna get got.

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Well-Known Member

You guys just need to re read the rules. You can only sell 1 item at a time, so if you sold 1 hull each time I'm sure you would be safe.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

3. To sell HULLS or SHOT or rent out property a member must be a vendor. Sorry we have no way of telling who is selling hulls and shot as a side business and who is a member just trying to get rid of extras.

9. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Boy, this place has changed. and not for the better. You have to be kidding? Hulls? Its no longer a enthusiast site, but a lets make a buck site. Too bad.

theunloader and T-Bone Rules thanked this.
  10. WadHopper

WadHopper That guy's full of crap! TS Supporters

The door's a click away my friend!
    Although I'm new here its obvious why this place has changed and it's due to the cyber environment of scammers and hackers out to make a quick buck and disappear. I'd prefer to be part of a site where the mod's are watching our backs and doing whatever's necessary to provide a useful and meaningful forum. For many of us, this site has become part of who we are and our daily routine so I personally would like to thank the staff and mods who do such a great job of keeping this forum up and running smoothly.
    Pat

RWT thanked this.
  11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

September 5, 2016. HMB

Shooting Jack thanked this.
  12. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

I think you can still sell your hulls but you just have to wait until someone in the wanted section is looking for what you have.
    I see that from time to time and then I see where they get pm's from other posters.
    Not really sure what this has accomplished as I see very few, if any, vendors selling hulls.
    Did not realize they were scammers doing this with hulls.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My wife is going to be happy, looks like I going to be giving all my stuff away @ Robinson Ranch--can't sell them here-

Phil Berkowitz

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So now how do we get Federal Papers? Can you post a WTB and expect results?

HM

15. WadHopper

WadHopper That guy's full of crap! TS Supporters

16. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

halfmile,
    It would be worth a try.
    Friend of mine got banned for trying to sell hulls because he was not aware they had changed the rules.
    No warning, just banned for a couple of days.

17. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Maybe if you don't sell the hulls but the entire boat it would be ok. I can see how selling a boat would benefit trapshooters

Shooting Jack thanked this.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

A very pretty little speech, but reading tells me you have no clue what it was like here before the change of ownership, we had Mod's as you call them and they were always watching our backs then also. The difference is then it was mostly people that were here all the time and when a stranger came in he was excepted but watch closely before sales were participated in by the regulars. Another funny thing is the management wasn't greedy enough to charge fees for selling Hulls on this forum after all it is hardly an easy job to scam someone on the sale of hulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as I see it that little statement you made "The door's a click away my friend!" that statement works both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

trappermike, headhunter, mike-sid and 2 others thanked this.
  19. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

When David owned the site, there were a number of members here who acted as pseudo-moderators, and would serve as scouts to inform site mgmt whenever there was a scammer in the midst. I was one of them, informed David a number of times, and was thanked for my help. The self-policing system worked very well for well over a decade. I tried to continue when management changed, but when I was threatened with expulsion for doing so, I stopped. For whatever reason, when Forum Foundry bought the site the number of scammers increased exponentially.

Now that there are no longer members who will help protect the community, it falls to the sites paid moderators, some of whom are not shooters or gun owners and have no clue what a fishy ad looks like, so instead they have to rely ever more complicated rules to attempt to do most of the work for them. Kinda like anti-gunners making gun control laws when they have no clue whatsoever on the topic they pontificate on.

It is also my belief that a VAST majority of the new restrictions are coming because paid vendors are complaining that members are allowed to sell the same items without the vendor fee and are cutting into their sales. To that end, I think you can thank the vendors for most of the new onerous member selling restrictions.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    dgh, mikey357, gailmk67 and 2 others thanked this.
  20. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Most of the people who sell hulls, IMHO--don't sell hulls to make $$-its kind of a head thing- I used to sell STS's-gave away AA's & Gun Clubs--now I'l get rid of my shell bag & dump them in the bucket-- the guys who want hulls @ RR ask me to drop them on the ground--this way they won't have to sift thru the buckets--we have a guy @ the club who's been trying to sell STS & Nitro hulls for 3 cents for the last year--there is no Mkt

Phil Berkowitz