1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Sales @ Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dewley, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewley

dewley TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone know if the Gentleman will be selling hulls on west end this year??

2. tgb18

tgb18 Member

Has not been there for a couple a years now.Don't know what happened to him, I liked stopping in and visiting with him,always had a deal on hulls too.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I will tell you exactly what happened. The idea of who had the rights to the hulls from the Grand American turned into a piss'n match between numerous different people/groups. That in turned ended anyone from getting the hulls period. I'm not gonna say nobody ended up with some last year but the bulk went in the garbage. Now all hulls from the WSRC are going to the Garrison Green Shotgun Hull Recylcing outfit.

I personally thought it was a great thing that Peter J. was doing selling the hulls a few years ago. He donated his time, didn't get paid anything and all money made from the hulls went to benefit the youth shooters. Once again a good thing ruined by the greed of others.

The above is fact and not hear-say.

4. GarrisonGreenLLC

GarrisonGreenLLC TS Member

Garrison Green does receive the the hulls from WSRC. The club has been great to work with.

Concerning the Grand American. The above comment is correct regarding the rights to the hulls. The ATA was very helpful and instrumental in helping Garrison Green contact many clubs at the beginning, but our communication with them has dropped off in the last few months. The ATA contacted Garrison Green and requested that we PAY for all the hulls that are produced at the Grand American, on top of providing the collection bags and transportation from Sparta. We simply could not do this.

At the same time, we have been hearing rumors out of the Northeast that Garrison Green is out of business and bankrupt. This is very much not true. We just opened up another processing facility in Nashville, TN to process the shells and other material.

Either way -- enjoy the Grand American. The WSRC is a great club. Thanks for all of those who continue to sign up and participate. Once again, if there is any carrier or distributor in the Northeast that would like to help with transportation and consolidation we would like to talk.

Also -- anyone that wants shells for reloading -- you are welcome to stop by either Denver or Nashville locations and pick through as much as you want.

Garrison Green Staff

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thank you for the factual infomation. The ATA greed part over the Grand hulls I was not privy to.

So the ATA has the rights to the Grand hulls?? I suppose since the IDNR turns the WSRC over to the ATA for so many days before and after the Grand that your contract with the IDNR doesn't include those dates. That's a shame. The WSRC produces a lot of hulls over that time period and they could gain much needed gun racks and benches from them. Greedy greedy.

6. tgb18

tgb18 Member

So, who or where are all the hulls going to this year from the Grand??

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I'd think they would be worth more sorted and sold than recycled?

9. dewley

dewley TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.