1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hull sales at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by colonel klink, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

For those at the Grand that may be interested there is a fellow that I guess either works for the ATA or the facility that is selling hulls for $1.00 a box.
    He has a cash register & said he has to ring up every sale so I'm sure he is legitimate. If you went to Vandalia you know every morning they sold hulls for $5.00 a box for once fired & $3.00 for practice trap. This would be more like the practice of years ago. He is on the far west end of the fields right before the road turns left to the sporting clays field behind the first bank of trap fields. (same location). I need more hulls like I need another gun but for grins I bought 5 boxes ($5.00 total no tax) I sorted them & came up with 450 Remington STS & Nitro once fired, 500 AA once fired, 200 Rem . Gun Club about 600 Rio,Fiocchi, Federal & etc. Was left with a bunch of twice fired looking AA,& Rem. The Rio, Fed. & fiocchi hit the trash can. Anyway, over 1,000 once fired AA & STS/Nitro for $5.00 ain't bad. Sorry for the long post but I wasn't sure how many people know of this. This guy is in a tent that I swear had to be used in MASH on TV, looks like an old Army tent. Colonel

2. Kemen053

Kemen053 Member

Colonel,i think you will find this person is Peter Streuber,AKA Repeteclay,next time you go past say hello for me.Thanks Ross

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

it is Peter J. I spoke with him yesterday. He is volunteering his time and all the proceeds will be donated to the ata. He purchased the old army tent many years ago. really neat guy. in the Ohio HOF. stop and visit with him.

4. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Another one of the elite Ohio Ttrapshooters. You will not find a better person. I have had the honor of shooting with, learning, and being friends with Mr. Strueber. If someone could tell him Birdtracker said howdy, it will bring a smile to his face. Birdtracker

5. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Very interesting. A fella can learn alot on this site, I forgot to mention that he is sorting the hulls by manufacturer also & you can buy those at 3 cents each if you prefer. He had papers, AA, & Remington all sorted out for those that would rather go that route. Now that I know who this gentleman is & what the proceeds are for I just may have to stop by Friday for a few moments.
    I bet he could tell some good stories. Colonel

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Get Peter J to tell stories about when he was a boy he would ride his bike to the grand. He would sleep in tents etc. A REALLY neat Sr. Vet with a lot of great trapshooting stories. By the way, he is a very good shooter also. I am sure he is sorting the hulls just to help pass the time. By the way, he is camping in a tent on the grounds and cooking all of his meals here also.

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

some one bought 100 of the $1 boxes just before i got there.. amazing how many different types of shells were there.. some I had never seen..

8. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Peter J has got LOTS of hulls and could use some help. Stop down and buy some from him. To help pass the time, he has been sorting some of them. He is only charging $.03 for sorted new hulls (i.e. STS, Nitro etc). He also has Federal paper hulls for sale. Located clear on the WEST end as far as you can go. Large old army style tent.

9. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

I bought 5 boxes of randoms from him. He was a heck of a nice guy, I hope he stays cool in that army tent. Its damn hot down here

10. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

11. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

13. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

14. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I bought one box of sorted AA's and 5 boxes mixed from him yesterday. Found out he volunteered and I asked "all you get is that fan?" He said that was his along with the tent. I thanked him for his efforts, he is doing that in sweltering heat inside that tent. At least the tent is screened all around. He seemed like a really nice guy. It's strange he is way out by himself with all the commotion of the Grand.

15. JDSENIOR

JDSENIOR Member

My understanding is that Mr. Strueber has volunteered his time and hard work to process and market the empty hulls with all proceeds are going to the AIM Program. If that is true, then he should receive some special recognition from the ATA and perhaps better accommdations in the future.

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

"he should receive some special recognition from the ATA and perhaps better accommdations in the future". He wouldn't accept it. He is doing it for the growth of our sport.Birdtracker

17. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Peter J has been an avid supporter of the ATA for many years. His wife worked at the Grand in Vandilia as a cashier for many years. They are some VERY FINE folks who have always done everything they could to make the ATA a better organization. I am sure this hot weather would make many of us pitch in the towel. Not Peter J, he has a big smile on his face and just keeps sorting and working with those empty hulls. Have any of you folks brought him a bottle of COLD water. By the way, just in case you have not caught on, Peter J is from OHIO. For all of you folks who think some of the shooters from Ohio are not supporting the ATA and GRAND, just go done to the area where this Senior Vet is working and not shooting and say THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE ATA.

18. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

19. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

20. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.