1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull prices?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smitty82, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Well time for another question guys so here we go. I was wondering the going rate for remington sts, gun club, federal golds, and I have noticed federal ultra target loads, don't know if anyone uses those. I also was wondering what you prefer to reload or shoot. I am newbie and have not started reloading and probably won't for a while. So if I can make some money off the hulls it will help my pocket book. And when I do start I will have some good hulls. Thanks guys Nick A.

2. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

You can do a search and will see the price varies... five cents and up for some. I suggest you go to your local club and ask around. My brother in law just bough 3000 once fired STS for six cents plus freight. They were absolutely first rate, clean hulls and he actually received about 150 extra......

3. perezal

perezal Member

Once fired hulls are selling for .05/hull. That's the price I've seen on this site and others.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Premium hulls with brass base are worth more than stell base hulls. I pick up Gun Clubs for free at the range and don't bother with cheap Federals. We throw barrels of them in the dumpster every week. Mark

5. warren

warren Member

They are worth stooping over and picking them up

warren

6. nords

nords Member

I have Rem green and gold & Win red and gray for .04 a piece plus shipping from Georgia

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The real money maker is the sub gauge hulls. 410 and 28 guage Remington and Winchester hulls are going for 15 cents for once fired. HMB

8. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I pickup the Federals Top Guns that are ones fired and reload them one time, then after I use them I put them in the recycling ben at are club after that. Never had a problem with them......... easy to get and reload and you can shoot one fired hulls at every shoot you go to. I know a lot of guys that are starting to do the same thing. Why buy hulls when you can get all you want for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.