1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Noise On the Line

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sounds like she was more interested in talking than shooting?? Later on, at the beer tent the conversation went, "that gherk next to me kept dropping his hulls and it disturbed the harmony of my shooting, that's why I didn't break very many targets!!!"

LMAO Hap

2. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Some foam rubber in the bottom of the wad buckets should stop the hulls from causing a wasted bird to be thrown. May need to line rest of bucket with thin foam if you're still having problems...Bill

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Have her check my earplug set out on the other post!

Bob

4. ismah

ismah Member

If what you're doing bothers the shooter next to you, stop doing it. It never hurts to be courteous.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

ismah...I agree to a point. It sometimes borders on the ridiculous how some shooters are bothered by the most trivial things. I was at a shoot this past weekend where there happened to be alot of novice and youth shooters mixed in with league and ata shooters. We managed to all have fun even though there wasn't much continuity on the line [and much exess noise and talking]. Sometimes we can forget to just enjoy our sport.

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Mikey you should be more curtious. Next time just throw your hulls at the little lady's head. They won't make any noise that way.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I kind of like that noise. You can actually tell the difference between cheap steel head hulls and good STS hulls by the sound they make when they bounce on the concrete. First time I have heard that someone actually complained about such a trivial thing. Let em' fly!

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Were you dropping them on the concrete (where they may be bouncing once or twice) just before she shot, and was she wearing microphone type hearing protection?

This is about the only scenario I could see where a sound such as dropping hulls might be irritating to the next shooter.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Next time, pee in her hull bag. If it does not distract her, then you're in!

Curt

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Male birds sing to attract females. Try doing that while she's shooting and see if it works.

11. trench12

trench12 TS Member

if an empty hull makes her whine, what does the sound of your gun going off do?? be a gent and push her earplugs in a little tighter.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mikey- If your hulls hitting the walkway were making enough noise to distract the shooter, how about the noise you made when you shot the shells? Would not even the very lightest loads make more noise when shot than the very heaviest empty hulls would make as they hit the walk way?

On the other hand, it is not a big problem to catch the hulls in your hand and toss them on the grass.

Pat Ireland

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If you have them in your hand already why would you drop them on the concrete?

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

It's a gender thing.............!!!

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

FIRST: Was/is she a looker? If so, you might spend some time with her talking about dropping things, like hulls, clothes, etc. Heck, you haven't even imagined where this could lead...

Have to unequovically agree with Pat.

Larry Bumstead always dropped his in front of his feet in the grass, but that would probably make too much noise for her too. How about the smoke coming out the end of the barrel, now that can really bother you. Just be thankful she didn't complain about the noise your gun makes - now that would be a big obstacle.

I had a guy putting on the previous green tell me when I teed off, the noise of the wood on the ball bothered his putting.

Hope that woman stays away from the Grand.

Whiz

16. brigade

brigade TS Member

Typical democrat....Ed

17. capvan

capvan Active Member

Fun reading this thread. It is VERY unusual to see hulls on the ground at our club. No buckets either. Everyone puts them in the bag on their waist. Until I started reading this forum, I thought that was what everyone, everywhere did. Even if you're throwing them away, why wouldn't you do this? Seems like it would be neater and solve all these problems.

capvan

18. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

First of all, it's shooting a shotgun. What, 90-100 dB each time a shot goes off? It's not rocket surgery, golf, or even bowling.

She should try this mantra next time, meditating at the line:

"I hate meeeeeennnnnn, I hate meeeeeennnnnn, I hate meeeeeennnnnn..."

Danny

19. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I agree with what Ismah said; "If what you're doing bothers the shooter next to you, stop doing it. It never hurts to be courteous."

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just ignore her and stay off her squad. She's ridiculous and not worth the angst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.