1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

huglu shotguns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trap906, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap906

trap906 Member

Hi giys, does anyone know about Huglu shotguns? I thought they just made affordable o/u's and sxs for hunting. I saw a add in Trap&Field the other day for a trap combo set for less than $1500. said it was 34/32 with adj. comb. sounds pretty cheap. so i just looked at the Huglu website, and the gun looks pretty good in the picture, of course the retail price is much higher. Anyway if there is someone here that knows about these things let me know. I'm in need of a gun don't have to be a combo set but does need to be 32" bbl. o/u. new or used but must be less than $1300. thanks, Rob

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I can't tell you anything about the trap guns ;however I own three Huglus, o/u's and shoot one for sporting clays and have shot trap with it as well and have had no problems at all.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Huglu makes shotguns for CZ-USA.

They're not bad guns.

They (CZ-USA) just introduced a sporting clays model O/U. One of their local guys (CZ-USA is based near where I live) is a friend of mine. He has been shooting a prototype of their sporting clays model for a couple years.

It is a very nice gun.

If Huglu is doing as nice a job with their trap gun as they are doing for CZ for the CZ sporting clays gun, it may be a quality gun.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My suggestion? You asked...

Take your $1300 and find a good used Browning, or Miroku trap o/u and enjoy it for the remainder of your trapshootinglife....

Jim C

Hell, Michigan

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

All things considered, BigM's advice is sound.

6. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

I have a CZ 28 ga. SxS and am not impressed. Used Berettas and Brownings are MUCH nicer guns. Hard to beat a Browning superposed or Citori.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Big M said.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Had a Huglu 28 gauge SXS. Both barrels shot 8" low at 30 yards. The right barrel shot to the right 1', the left barrels shot to the left 6" @ 25 yards.
    As far as I'm concerned they're are not worth it.

9. pjh

pjh Member

I have worked on these guns and found the fir pins to be soft along with many parts inside. Buy one to hang on the wall but not for any type of competition.

10. trap906

trap906 Member

thanks for the info guys, kinda what I figured, you get what ya pay for....kinda..!!

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If there was ever a time when it was a buyers market for trap guns, this is it. You will get a lot in a quality used gun for $ 1,300, and know there are parts available and gunsmiths who can fix it.

12. Loyac

Loyac Member

Ditto on what BIG M says... Original Ceska Zbrojovka(CZ) small arms - designed especially for Armed Forces and special units - are of good quality. Products made in Turkey by Huglu are junk. You'd be MUCH BETTER OFF with a used CITORI or BERETTA 680 SERIES O/U. John

13. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Dont worry, Huglu´s, particularly those built for Mark Dehann are great solid reliable guns for the money, those that propose you buy other brands dont know this, so why mind them? I have owned a U4 TRap OU for the past two years, it has 33" barrels and a RAD2 recoil system and love it.

Berettaman7

14. jpinto101

jpinto101 TS Member

I have a DeHaan trap huglu. For the money it was worth it but as stated above the firing pins are soft as is the sear. I have had to replace both items numerous times. If you are buying one for the field fine but for trap buy a Browning. I have an XT for three years (new) with over 40,000 shells fired through it and have one broken extractor. The Huglu just didn't hold up.

15. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Remember"for the money",you get what you pay for.They are said to have soft lock parts and while ok for hunting will not stand up to continual use.Jack

16. trap906

trap906 Member

hey guys, I found a rem 3200 at the state shoot, gave 1200 for it and love it!

17. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I have a Huglu and it shoots well. I did have to replace the firing pins. Get another gun but I would never get another Citori due to my last experience with one.
    Ron Zimmerman

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good move on the 3200 trap906, you will get alot of shooting out of that one.

19. jpinto101

jpinto101 TS Member

have to make a correction. My Browning XT had to get a replacement ejector not an extractor but you get the idea. You get what you pay for.

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

If you had to ask.....you already knew....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cz 101 be trap

huglu 101 be

huglu shotguns
huglu shotguns review
huglu shotguns reviews
huglu shotguns south africa
huglu trap gun

huglu trap shotgun