1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hugh Driggs A Trapshooting Champion Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave Berlet, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

This morning Dec. 12, 2012 Hugh Driggs passed away after having a stroke last Saturday.

Hugh was one of the individuals that worked very hard to make the Michigan home grounds at Mason become a reality, and over the years he served as a director, president, and ATA delegate.

He was on many Mich State Teams, several All Ameican teams and he won numerous Grand American Trophies. Hugh was also enshrined in the Michigan Trapshooting H.O.F. and also in the National Trapshooting H.O.F.

In 1968 he was the Grand American H.O.A. winner with a record 985X1000 which he held until 1988 when Brad Dysinger broke 986. Also in 1968 he was the Grand H.A.A. winner. In 1968 & 1969 he won back to back Grand American Doubles Championships. Also he was the winner of the Vandalia handicap, but I'm not sure of the year.

I first met Hugh in 1959 and we have been good friends ever since. Hugh was a great friend, and also he was a very tough and honest competitor. He traveled to the Western Chain shoots for over 25 yrs. and he attended many Indiana and Ohio State Shoots.

Not only have I lost a very dear friend, trapshooting has lost a great member.

Dave Berlet

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

I remember seeing his doubles gun with the electrical tape holding the rib on.
    It sure seemed to work for him.

4. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Hugh was a class act, I loved to talk to him about everything. I shot many rounds with Dave, Dirk, and Hugh over the years, I miss him, but I know how much more Dave does. Brad

5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Hugh shot most of his final registered shoots at Jaqua's in Findlay,Ohio. I had numerous conversations with him about the old Days. I recall seeing him at Vandalia during the GRAND numerous times. A really down to earth guy.
    Clyde

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave, sorry to hear of losing your friend. My condolences to Hugh's family and friends for their loss. MI has lost a great asset to trapshooting and he will be missed by many.

Gene Hapney

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Dave, sorry for your loss of a good friend. Do you have a photo to share with us?

8. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

Barry for a picture of Hugh go to the above link

Dave

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

thank you, Dave. I never met Mr. Driggs but I heard a lot about him when I was just starting out. I hope someone remembers me the way you remember Hugh when the reaper comes to call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hugh crossen trap shooter

hugh driggs trapshooting