1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Huckabee's political future flushed down toilet

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Huckabee

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-officers-shot-78089882.html

Four Parkland, Washington police officers were shot and killed today in a cafe by a perp.

How does this tie in to Huckabee?

Despite a huge protest, Huckabee granted clemency to the alleged perp, who was supposed to be in prison for a 60-year sentence on top of serving a 48-year sentence, plus he was facing 95 more years. He only served 11 years.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010385617_webmansought29.html

Huckabee is going to find a backlash that will make the Willy Horton fiasco look like child's play.

I predict his political aspirations for the White House have just been flushed down the toilet of political history. (fah-whoooosh)

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The larger question is how did this guy get past all the rest of the system, when he obviously had more problems than a couple loose screws?

Laying this on Huckabee is a stretch. There is a prison shrink somewhere who let him by, and if you read the whole article, a host of agency hacks including a parole officer who did not know what this person was.

Look for more of this behavior as 2012 gets ever nearer.

Nutjobs are coming out of the woodwork already.

HM

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I agree with Brian. The liberals will have a field day with Huckabee over this. Killing police and child rape and possibly other charges are all beyond the pale.

I wonder, does Washington State have the death penalty? Too bad this did not happen in Texas. I don't want to offend any Texans but the great state of Texas does regularly exercise the death penalty.

Ed Ward

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I doubt this guy will ever be taken alive. Huckabee gave this loser another chance because of his age at the time of incarceration at 17.

5. JRW

JRW Member

The report I read says the shooter was wounded. Possibly when they catch up to him and he is dead they can claim he died from wounds. Jerry

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I'm a Huck fan but I'm not that convinced he was planning on running again at least not next time. They will drag this up and blame him of course if he does, funny if it was a liberal who did the same thing there's no way the press would blame him.

I think the music amateurs he has at the end of his tv program hurts him more than anything. LOL And not to be sexist but if he does run again that have to find a way to hide his wife, especially when there is food around.

Couldn't the American people stand up and not let this be the end of Hucks chances to be President if we really wanted to? WE could but we won't.

I'm starting to think about a Cheney\Palin ticket. Bet that get's some response.

7. warren

warren Member

He made some very disparaging remarks about Romney during the last election and I've never liked him since then.

warren

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This will blow over by 2012. We will have a civil war go to through first.

JMHO... Jerbear

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Huck has never had a political future beyond that of a hick governor. Even prior to this incident!

Curt

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

So, let's sum up...the GOP's chances in 2012 consist of:

1. A former Wall Street Fat-Cat tycoon and adherent of a wacky, non-mainstream fundamentalist religion (Mitt Romney)...plenty of ammo for the media there.

2. A hockey mom whose management resume consists of a partial term as Alaska Governor.

3. A former Arkansas governor who pardoned a perp who went on to kill 4 cops.

4. Tim Pawlenty, who nobody knows or cares about.

All-righty...future's so bright, we gotta wear shades.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Well, at least he stood up and ADMITTED he made a mistake, so I give him cudos for that....

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hey Buzz... Beats the hell out of a senator that voted present 150 times. Even the rest of the world now sees he can't make up his mind. Follows where ever the wind blows... even if it's a fart!

Jerbear

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

EE is correct.

Huckabee was just on describing the process, and all the people involved including the judge, the parole board, the prosecutor, the AG,etc ad infinitum. They all reccomended his time be cut.

There are 1200 such requests a year, and a procedure for handling them.

At 16 the guy got a 108 year sentence and the authorities submitted him for a sentence reduction to the gov. Everything in that case was in order.

Washington state is where the screw ups took place.

And Huckabee can be applauded for manning up and coming on to tell the whole story.

HM

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Anything would beat the hell out of a "nobody from nowhere" who is a muslim and not even eligable to be pres,,,hells bells buzzy I'd even vote for you if you put Palin on the ticket,,,,,,

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

I like Huckabee...but if Huckabee had just sat in his desk and done his F___ing job, those cops would be alive today. Huck had this creep in his gun-sights, and he blew it. Blaming the rest of the system for what happened downstream of him is hollow. I don't know if this is some kind of Southern Baptist Jimmy Carter compassionate forgiving the sinner bullshit or what, but it sucks.

The fact that 16 other liberal pansies gave the creep hand-jobs afterward is frankly irrelevant at this point. After all, you EXPECT liberal pansies to do that - not a GOP Governor. We're supposed to COUNTER-ACT the liberal pansies - not rubber-stamp their pansy-ass decisions for them.

The country looks up to a GOP Governor to be where the BUCK STOPS in this type of situation - not a refueling point to send them on their way with a pat on the ass.

17. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

buzz-gun:

In the interest of accuracy Huckabee didn't have this loser, "in his gun-sights..." Arkansas had Clemmons in the slammer for life where he belonged. The appropriate decision was to leave well enough alone. Huckabee didn't. He f'd up with a decision that allowed a gaggle of panty wearing libs to turn a homicidal nut job loose.

Otherwise, I can't think of a single word in your post I don't completely agree with.

sissy

18. over/under

over/under Member

Hey Buzz, All 4 of the above sound better than what we have mow. LOL

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Here's a real surprise!!

Curt

20. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

To Those Who Think Huckabee Should Get a Free Pass:

Michael Dukakis is a habitual boob. The Willie Horton business was just one example of his many poor decisions. Dukakis didn't get a free pass on it and he shouldn't have.

For those who have forgotten, Willie Horton was a convicted murder serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole in Massachusetts. Dukakis and like minded dim bulb liberals from Mass. thought it would be a swell idea to turn Horton and others like him loose on the weekends. During one of Horton's weekend outings, he twice raped a woman after pistol-whipping, knifing, binding and gagging her fiancé. Horton then stole a car. Oh yea, and he forgot to go back to the pen that Sunday night. He was later captured by police.

Libs consider it mystery. After all, who could have possibly predicted a bunch of incarcerated felons turned loose to party on the weekends might get in serious trouble again??

Huckabee on the other hand, isn't a perenial dope. As others have noted, Huckabee didn't turn Clemmons loose. Huckabee's decision was to commute Clemmons sentence which made him eligible for parole. It was the first NECESSARY step leading to Clemmons getting paroled - which he violated.

Unfortunately, Huckabee has a history of meddling in prison affairs granting significant numbers of commutations and pardons. Bad decisions carry consequences for criminals.... and politicians.

The decisions and policies of Dukasis and Huckabee are vastly different but their intrusion into the criminal justice system both lead to tragic results. The electorate will decide how accountable Huckabee is or isn't. Regardless, he gets no free pass with me.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.