1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Huckabee and Obama??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I assume you have all seen the news. Huckabee and Obama rather big time. Hillary third behind Edwards. Huckabee beats Romney by over 10 points? Amazing. So who is gonna be the next president. Jake

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As long as the wicked witch from the left is out of it, we can hope. I really don't think America is ready for a female, or a black President. Not a racist, just a realist.

Too much baggage and extreme agenda for the witch, too little experience and the Muslim connection for the black.

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Huckabee is appearing very impressive. He presents well, speaks eloquently, doesn't look "haggardly", unhealthily aged. Compared to Fred Thompson and John McCain, Huckabee looks fresh and sharp. Compared to RINOs like Giuiliani and Romney, Huckabee adds energy to disaffected Republicans.

Huckabee's website has the STRONGEST PRO GUN comments on his Second Amendment blurb on his page's issues link. He has the GUTS to say what the Second Amendment really means: The Right of INDIVIDUAL citizens to protect themselves with firearms from criminals AND a tyrranical government if need be.

I'm glad he has the gonads to say that!

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Being a working man I usually vote the Democratic way in MOST cases but I think that Huckabee would be the way to go this next election.

Bill

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Gordon will be the next President and Gene from Iowa will be the Vice President.

6. finger

finger TS Member

I'm disappointed in the entire field. We are all in big trouble if the current top choices are the best either party can offer us. Our freedom will suffer greatly over the next four years. Sure hope we have a better crop of congressional choices so congress can keep check on whomever is in the white house next term. Its gonna be a long four years. bob finger

7. likes-to-shoot

685...........You apparently didn't notice the capitalized MOST and another point is if nothing went to the working man how could he afford to shoot? Also not all democrats are against the 2nd amendment.

You could go on and on about the party lines but the trick is to get the right people in the controlling party. Lets face it, regardless of what anyone thinks about the Democrats they are going to gain big time because the majority of people are tired of Bush's type of leadership. JMHO

Bill

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Ron Paul got 10% yesterday. The power of the internet.

Jerbear

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Huckabee and Obama! Is that the best America has to offer? Sadly, most of their opponents are no better. The end of the "American experiment" is near. It survived for 200 years and that is about all you can expect. We shall now decay into a decadent society such as exists in Europe until the Muslims take us over, probably without firing a shot. They will succceed because they have the fire of conviction. We have Paris Hilton and "American Idol" and "Dancing With The Stars".

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We'd better pray it's not Obamah, I am gaing respect for Huckabee just concerned that its Democrat time again.

11. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

I am sick of this election already. Frankly, who cares what Iowa evangelicals think?

Why don't the republicans want the current Vice Pres in the White House? (Dick is a strong leader and a shooter to boot.) Don't republicans want four more years... of the same?

And once the democrats find out that W is not running again, what do they have to offer other than "W is stupid"? Again another democrat is trying to explain her vote as not what it appears to be.

Huckester wants it both ways and so does H.C. What is in that Ark water that makes it hard to tell the truth?

12. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I like the Hucster, but I'm not sure that he'll get the nomination. And I’m even more worried that McCain (who’s more like Ted Kennedy then Ronald Reagan) is gaining traction. If the Hucster wants to pull this off all the way to the whitehouse he should make an extremely early announcement for his VP running mate. One good name that comes to mined would be Tancredo. Wouldn’t that be a strong ticket Hucster/Tancredo?

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Appears to me, Iowa thought we as a country needed a real change. But, it's a long race, lots of pitfalls. But, what if those people from Iowa are right in their assessment?

14. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Lurker...I am no fan of the Huckester, but what his punk kid did should not be the issue. Sins of the son visited upon the father?

15. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

McCain will be the republican nominee. Huckleberry can't carry more than 6 or 8 states with large born-again populations, Giuliani's already toast, Romney can't buy a vote and Thompson's still asleep. Ron Paul gets 8%, no more. That leaves McCain.

Clinton/Obama is close, but Clinton took a whuppin' in Iowa, and If Obama carries NH, he may be da man.

McCain's the repub's best candidate, but can't win. Bush has given the republicans a black eye that'll take a generation to heal.

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ain't she a sweetie?

17. likes-to-shoot

CharlesR1100.......I'm glad your opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

Read smokerz's post, particuarly the last sentance.

Borrowing a line from another Iowan.

Regards from Iowa

Bill

18. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Likes-to-post...yep, W made a demo victory a lock.

The smoker is right.

Thanks for confirming the suspicion that there are two Iowans who can read.

19. likes-to-shoot

Your welcome :)

20. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Why McCain**?

By default.

Romney has the flip/flop problem, a nasty disposition, too mch money, and something like 40% of people say they will *never* vote for a mormon.

Giuliani is a slimy character. His own children won't have anythng to do with him, he's on his third wife, used state money to finance his mistress (now wife), and he won't toe the fundamentalist line on gays and same-sex marriage.

Thompson is the laziest candidate ever seen. He won't walk across the street for a milion votes. Snooze...

Huckleberry's "the earth is 6000 years old" fundy mentality won't sell in any of the big states - NY, CA, IL, FL, etc. Besides that, he can't find Iraq on a map. He reminds me of Nancy Reagan who thought she could solve the drug problem - "just say no." He's a simpleton.

Ron Paul has some great ideas about the Constitution and foreign policy, but also some just plain nusty stuff about a 45% sales tax, the gold standard, and dismantling the government.

That leaves McCain, who does have relevant knowledge and experience. McCain does actually have some idea how to do the job. The 2nd amendment is pretty much a non-issue. There are probably 100 million gun owners in the USA, but only a tiny minority see the second amendment as a big issue. No candidate is going to outlaw guns. Besides, most Americans don't ever even think about the Constitution. Hell, Bush is presently violating the 4th, 5th, and 14th amendments, and nobody's impeaching him.

But make no mistake, McCain will lose. JC could run as a republican, and he'd lose too.

Thanks DumbYuh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.