1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

http://www.issf.tv/

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682b, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682b

682b Member

After watching some of the bunker shooters several things are very noticeable. The first is that Perazzi dominates gun choice. I noticed one Beretta and didn't recognize any K-guns. The second was that nearly all the competitors crawled the stock, and because of that they were really in the gun. The third was that the butt stock was low (very low) on the shoulder. These shooters are extremely fast. I am not advocating this for ATA shooting but it makes you think a bit. Take a look and tell me what you think. JIM

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

All I got was rifle & pistol. GOOD LUCK

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that they shoot two shots at a target, except in the finals; and they have to hold low on the house to catch the very low target while still being able to bring the gun up very high quickly to shoot a very high target.

Shady Creek: Read my post on "Shot with Kim Rhode today" and it'll walk you through how to navigate the issf.tv site to get to the trap video.

4. 682b

682b Member

ok this is the link

http://www.issf.tv/

This may help you.

After the you click on the link you will see a cover page look on the left side under the TV and you will see Championships click on it then click on 2007 you will then get a schedule I clicked on the first one. Then scroll the page up just a little and hit the search button and pick the event you want to watch. It sounds hard but it is not. I took a look at the Belgrade shoot also. Good stuff. They may hold low but it did not seem that way to me. JIM

5. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

The interesting thing was watching an official taking a test shell from each shooter to insure shot weight was legal. In the 14 years I shot ATA/PITA, I NEVER saw anybody tested!

- - Bill

6. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

Bill,

Everything is inspected. Guns are inspected then a stamp/label/sticker is placed on the stock for that event. Apearel,vests, glasses and caps. Targets measured and weighed.

Garry

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Great web site. Did you notice that some of the trap ranges have a shot recovery system in place? HMB

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

The second was that nearly all the competitors crawled the stock, and because of that they were really in the gun. The third was that the butt stock was low (very low) on the shoulder. These shooters are extremely fast. I am not advocating this for ATA shooting but it makes you think a bit. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Common to see the shooters crawl into the gun - I thought my son was crawling in until I saw Rudolfo Vigano shoot (dvd version) and my son's mount is EXACTLY the same as Vigano's. Nose right up on the grip hand, butt just a tad below level with the top of the shoulder. Some other shooter had recommended we change the gun as it was too short but after seeing some ISSF and DVD bunker shooting I'm not sure that change is necessary. Some of the shooters mount really low, unnaturally so but their scores speak volumes for unorthodox style so don't get locked into one way of thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

issftv shooting