1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HSUS there plan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

HSUS is not the same as your local Humane Society....the former is a wingnut knucklehead activist group like PETA, the latter actually does local animal shelter work.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

All HSUS does is solicit money from old ladies !!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Most people don't believe the fact that HSUS is an anti-hunting group. They get away with their crap because of ignorance.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I said HSUS is anti-hunting.

I said there are, unfortunately, gullible people who do not believe HSUS is anti-hunting.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They are running Cable TV ads, showing the poor little puppy that needs food, please send money blah blah.

Typical puke subterfuge.

HM

6. Whack 'em

Whack 'em Member

The HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) is NOT affiliated with your local Humane Society. The HSUS does not run a single pet shelter, and gives only 1 percent of its budget to local shelters.

The HSUS advocates an anti-hunting, anti-fishing, anti-pet, anti-service animal, anti meat consumption, ANTI PEOPLE agenda. They are primarily a lobbying/advocacy organization, and most people have NO idea of what actually stand for.

PLEASE, I urge everyone who reads this to simply Google "HSUS Agenda" and educate yourself about what this organization stands for and advocates. I very much doubt that most Trapshooters.com forum readers have much in common with the HSUS.

Here are just a few quotes by Wayne Pacelle, President/CEo of HSUS:

“We believe in the Three Rs — reducing the consumption of meat and other animal-based foods; refining the diet by eating products only from methods of production, transport, and slaughter that minimize pain and distress; and replacing meat and other animal-based foods in the diet with plant-based foods.” - Wayne Pacelle, his blog, March 30, 2012.

When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, “If I had my personal view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don’t want to see another dog or cat born.” ----Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.

“I don’t have a hands-on fondness for animals…To this day I don’t feel bonded to any non-human animal. I like them and I pet them and I’m kind to them, but there’s no special bond between me and other animals.” ---Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 251.

“One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals.” ---Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Animal People, May, 1993

"We would be foolish and silly not to unite with people in the public health sector, the environmental community, [and] unions, to try to challenge corporate agriculture." ---Wayne Pacelle, at the Animal Rights 2002" Convention, July 1, 2002.

“The entire animal rights movement in the United States reacted with unfettered glee at the Ban in England ...We view this act of parliament as one of the most important actions in the history of the animal rights movement. This will energise our efforts to stop hunting with hounds.” ---Wayne Pacelle, London Times, December 26, 2004

"If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would." ---Wayne Pacelle, Associated Press, Dec 30, 1991

"Our goal is to get sport hunting in the same category as cock fighting and dog fighting." ---Wayne Pacelle, (Bozeman (MT) Daily Chronicle, October 8, 1991

"We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state. ---Wayne Pacelle, Full Cry Magazine, October 1, 1990.

“The definition of obscenity on the newsstands should be extended to many hunting magazines.” ---Wayne Pacelle, quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 265.

QUOTES FROM HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES MANAGER JOHN ("J.P.") GOODWIN:

“My goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." ---JP Goodwin, employed at the Humane Society of the US, formerly at Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade, as quoted on AR-Views, an animal rights Internet discussion group in 1996.

“The industry has produced a booklet that they are sending out to farmers. This booklet describes security techniques that they can adopt. Security techniques which the (Animal Liberation Front) A.L.F. dismantled in Utah, putting the industry to shame. We haven't gotten a copy of the booklet yet...”

“Sadly, some so called "animal defenders" are not so supportive of these raids. Ann Davis of the Salt Lake City, Utah based Animal Rights Alliance has stated that she has already talked to the FBI, and will continue to do so. The FBI is working for the fur industry. Anyone that works with them is working hand in hand with the fur trade and is a traitor. If you don't want to be investigated then don't associate with turncoats. With friends like these, the mink are screwed...”

“Let it be stated loud and clear, that myself and the Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade support these actions 100%. We will never, ever, ever work with anyone who helps the FBI stop the A.L.F.” ---JP Goodwin, “Fur Wars Heat Up. A.L.F. is on the Warpath! No Compromise, Issue 4, Fall 1996.

"We’re ecstatic," (of the fire that did almost a million dollars of damage and could have killed a caretaker family sleeping on the premises.) ---J.P. Goodwin, ALF Spokesman, Deseret News (Utah), Mar. 11, 1997.

“We believe in the Three Rs — reducing the consumption of meat and other animal-based foods; refining the diet by eating products only from methods of production, transport, and slaughter that minimize pain and distress; and replacing meat and other animal-based foods in the diet with plant-based foods.”

http://humanewatch.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.