1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HS team gets in trouble for chanting USA,USA.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

....A high profile high school in one of the wealthiest districts the San Antonio region finds itself under fire after its fans chanted "USA, USA, USA" following its boys basketball team's regional final victory against a team that was made up predominantly of Hispanic players.

This is real BS. If our kids are proud of our Country and these SOB hispanics don't like it they should get the hell out of our Country and go back to Mexico or whereever. Mike.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

You are absolutely right

When I saw that on the noon news yesterday, I about blew a gasket

So now being proud of your country is racist, it will never friggin end

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

One United States team playing another United States team - one made up of primarily white kids, the other made up of mostly Mexican kids (neighborhood schools) and the white kids win. They begin to shout USA, USA to mock the Mexican ancestry of the other US, American high school kids. This has nothing to do with national pride. Both of the teams were American highschoolers - it was out of line and they should have been called on it,.

4. Catpower

So now Mexico is a race?

Are the children of Mexican descent Americans?

If so there is no reason for them to complain

Are all Americans white?

I think it's pure BS, just something else to bitch about

5. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Yes it probably leaned toward racisim but that cannot be proven. So months ago when Hispanics marched in the street protests carrying the Mexican flag...what was that..free speech? This type of thing is going to go on unless WE stop it. Our country is the way it is today because we didn't do anything or too little. ed nichols

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

what a bunch of thin skinned pussies this country has become.Just looking for something to be offended by, so they can whine to the media. They can all KMA

7. rsikole

rsikole Member

Why do people believe they have a right to "not be offended"? This is not a human right.....

8. tincanman

tincanman Member

wow! That's hard to believe. Have you ever been to San Antonio? It has a very large Hispanic population. The link to the supposed article takes me a page that is no longer there.

If this really happened, it's very poor taste on those involved. Almost moronic and certainly racist undertones.

WOW.

9. tincanman

tincanman Member

BTW, there were Mexicans in San Antonio before most of us were born. And yes, anyone can walk down the street with any flag they choose to carry. I'm going to walk down my street tonight with a Mexican flag in one hand and an ATA flag in the other.

Viva de Los Estados Unidos!

10. Catpower

Yeah I've been to San Antonio many times, and it is still in the USA, and the best part of it, Texas

What the hell are they supposed to cheer Mexico Mexico Mexico?

So now I guess I'm friggin racist because I say Texas is the best part of the USA

Damn talk about pushing the envelope, just to label people racist

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They were probably letting the audience know what country they were in.....

12. 1903

1903 Member

So I suppose if the hispanic team would have won and started chanting Mexico, Mexico, they would have been media darlings. Nobody would have said a damn thing against them, so as not to offend them. I give up............

13. Catpower

Tincanman there were Mexicans in SA before ANY of us were born, so what

14. tincanman

tincanman Member

why would this group chant, USA, USA? All in good sportsmanship I suppose? Should the local high school association just overlook this?

Do they not have a team name to chant?

Once again I'll remind you that there are Hispanic Americans in San Antonio that were there before you were born.

Whose America is it?

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Come on, the Olympic Athletes do it also. They cheer for their Country.

16. tincanman

tincanman Member

Probably the same people who cheered on Oscar de La Hoya in the olympics when he was boxing.

Elitists that they are... USA USA.. oh wait, he's ......

17. Catpower

So Mexicans that are born here aren't Americans?

And American's are elitists?

Seems you speak with a forked tongue, and forget what country you live in

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I agree with Yakimaman. It was inappropriate. The losing team was made up of American youths also. It is the equivalent of actually calling them a derogatory name as if they were not Americans. The chant "USA" applied to both teams and the people chanting made it seem like the losing team were NOT Americans. Remember, the Mexicans were there LONG before the "Americans" were. A case could be made that Americans immigrating into Texas stole the land from the Mexicans

19. Catpower

I think there was a war, and Texas won the war, are we going to turn back history and cede all the lands won by wars to the losers?

Y'all are really digging deep

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I do believe Santa Anna lost that land. To the Victor goes the spoils.

Tincanman, you asked "Whose America is it?" Do you really not know. It is not the Mexicans anylonger, although they seem to think it is. Florida once belonged to the Spanish. Should we give it back to them? Most of the land America owns belonged to Native Americans, should we do the same them? Generetions and generations ago most Africans in America were slaves. Do we who have never owned a slave owe the present black Americans some of whom did come from slaves? I would be willing to bet that any Afro American in this Country was never a slave. What's done is done, we have to mave on and quit looking back. At the turn of the century the Irish, the Germans, the Jews, the Poles were all discriminated against. It's in the past and should have no present debt. Mike.

PS: Were all of the mexican kids on the other team here legally? That was not mentioned. The Country is constantly being driven apart and this President is doing nothing to stop it. He is in fact the driver of the wege.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.