1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hr 4213,Unemployment extension bill fails again

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Before I went to work this morning I met a friend for breakfast. People in a nearby booth were discussing Hr 4213 and how it was voted down. They were very upset with the Republicans who voted, stating they just want the president to fail. They also said their vote will hurt millions of Americans. What are your feelings about this?
    Steve Balistreri

2. kolarshooter1981

kolarshooter1981 TS Member

My feelings are that some people are lazy and find it easy to live off unemployement and wont settle for a less wages if the govt allows them to do so. Granted some places arent hiring, but their are jobs out there, even farmers are willing to hire some people. I read a thing online about the illegal aliens taking american jobs, problem is the americans complaining are the ones getting govt assistance not willing to get off their duff and work. All in all, the Govt has made it easier for people to not work than to work. Im glad it failed, its time for the whining to end and get back to work. In my opinion if its been over a year and you get Govt assistance you shouldnt be allowed to collect any more until you start some kind of community service to earn unemployment check such as helping out street depts, cleaning up rural ditches, ect.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Some of my best friends are on layoff with no hope of ever returning to their previous job. As we well know you can't keep running the printing presses on overtime creating worthless money. Maybe the Republicans believe that most of the currently unemployed were in industry and traditionally vote Democrat. Maybe the Republicans also realize that Obama's health care plan can only be funded with cuts from many other areas.

Let the protests begin!!

4. kolarshooter1981

Hey i was just thinking, we got a major oil spill down in the gulf, the govt should pay for plane tickets for people to go down there and help with the cleanup if they want to keep recieving unemployment. I have had many friends on unemployment and i have seen how this is abused Its time for it to end. I say kudos to the Republicans!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How long do you think the unemployed should collect?

As we have fewer and fewer people working the pie will be divided into ever smaller pieces.

And with Government being the largest employer, the actual amount of people contributing to the GDP will be even fewer.

The money the unemployed are receiving is borrowed money. 43 cents of every dollar you pay in taxes pays interest on that debt. Soon, because of Obama's Keynesian fallacy it will be even more.

There is a great possibility of a Grecian style collapse in our economy, and the Republicans may have been contributory but not to the degree of the Tax and Spend Democrats.

I guess the people you heard talking don't think the economy is getting better if millions of Americans will be hurt by having the tit pulled away.

In the meantime, "millions of Americans" do not have a job opportunity because of illegals in our work force.

"millions of Americans" have higher health care costs and an inundated educational system for the same reason.

"millions of Americans" have lost their retirement money because of the takeover of Chrysler and the screwing of the bondholders. These are not fat cats, these are people who had their life savings invested there for their retirement.

The problem goes far beyond unemployment compensation, but unfortunately most people have not been paying attention.

Spending your way out of trouble does not work for families, and it doesn't work for Government either.

There never was a money tree, pukes just thought there was. NOw our children and grandchildren will pay.

Blame the Republicans.

HM

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I was discussing this thread with a woman at work. she showed me an article that appears "World News" today, here it is. "It is once again a sad day for America; the Republican Party has once again proven that only the wealthy in the United States needs to be taken care in the form of tax breaks and credits. As more and more American’s go without, credit ratings will decline, mortgages will foreclose, and credit cards and medical payments go unpaid. This decision by the Republican Party has just caused more damage than any single action ever taken by any foreign or domestic enemy in the history of the United States of America.

God bless and help America’s unemployed and underemployed, for the Republican Party has just condemned them to a life undeserving of any".

I work a full time job. After I read this, it seems to project just gloom and dome for us. I wonder what this vote will really mean for us working people?
    Steve

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There are a couple of old geezers that live near me that were working as security guards part time. Two years ago at the end of the summer season they were lay ed off. They have been collecting unemployment paychecks ever since. Unemployment Insurance, Social Security, and pensions. What a deal. They laughed all the way to the bank.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have been as poor as anyone in this country. At one time we were dirt poor living in an old trailer with 3 kids and one beat up old toyota pickup. But I never took anything from the government and NEVER collected unemployment. I don't even think it should exist unless you want to set up your own private unemployment account that you buy like insurance. Everyone I know that has collected unemployment abused it. WE ARE BROKE PEOPLE. We are going to have to hit rock bottom before that sinks in to stupid lazy Americans.

9. halfmile

Gotta love it. It's the Republican Party's fault.

How damn stupid can you be?

The fact that there is so much unemployment is not a Republican thing.

Wealthy people will not put money into businesses and create jobs if the administration punishes them with exorbitant taxes and forced excessive union benefits.

I am not rich. But if I was I would look at the business climate before I invested in any new job creating strategies.

They are killing the country. I am glad I am old, If I was young I would get the hell out and go to New Zealand or Switzerland.

HM

10. kolarshooter1981

How bout, if you have been on Unemployment, you can go to the Grand and become a score keeper and bird setter as community service!

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There are people collecting unemployment because they have to and people collecting it because they want to. The government has to do a better job of distinguishing between the two.

Ed

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I know of a case in my home town where a person left the job so as to collect unemployment---person is 59 yrs old ---will collect 2 yrs with a 1 yr extention and then go on social security---Might say retirement started at age 59---How about that---sjb---

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I'm with you halfmile. We are on the fast track to tyranny. All the freedom loving grownups have died. I would get the hell out of here if I was younger. I would do it now if I could take all my family with me. There is almost nothing left of the country I was born in.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Amazing isn't it, it's the Republicans fault? If Ojackass and "no solution Nancy" and Harry Reid wanted to this pass this they could have. They passed health care and didn't get any Repub support, why couldn't they pass this?

The Dems have large majorities in both the House and the Senate, they didn't need one damn Repub vote to pass this. Steve aka senior smoke - ask your friend why didn't the majority party step up and pass this? Again NOT ONE DAMN REPUBLICAN VOTE WAS NEEDED TO PASS THIS BILL. Why do they get the blame for it not passing.

This bill will help Ojackass, those people removed from receiving unemployment compensation will no longer be COUNTED as being unemployed. The unemployment rate will go down.

My heart goes out to those who have lost their jobs, but when is enough, enough? I have an friend who lost his job in Nov. 2008 and is still receiving it. He is single and lives in a little house 20 miles outside of town. I don't think he has even applied for a single job since drawing unemployment. He is enjoying the heck out of it. He plays video games, fishes, bar-b-ques, and a couple of days a week he comes to town to visit the sports bars to play in their poker tournaments. He told me he couldn't even consider a job paying less than $15 an hour. Unemployment pays that well and he doesn't have to wake up, pay for gas to go to work, and they don't deduct for social security.

This guy has been collecting almost 2 years, so when do we kick him off? Give him another 6 months, year, another 2 years or just let him stay on it forever? At some point - enough is enough.

Again - the Dems have large majorities in congress, so why should the Repubs get blamed for this bill not passing?

15. halfmile

As I was implying:

GET RID OF THE ILLEGALS, then you won't have as many unemployed.

HN

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I feel very bad for the people who want to work. I have a friend who was laid off in oct. of 09. He is 59 and has built his own house when he go married yrs ago from wood on his own property. Work most of his life holding two
    jobs. Took his savings and lend it to his daughter and son in law so they could put in a doublewide on his property so they would have a home. His son -in - law is paying him back. He worked for a company that warren buffet owns. They started cutting back the moment Barry Obama got elected by you aholes.
    Bitch all you want but their is probably more on here that
    voted for that stupid nincomepoop than voted for dumbshit McCain.
    His unemployment has run out. He has been trying to find a job since he was Laid off. At 59 nobody wants you. He has applied at 94 different companies and business. Not one has ever called. His kids have offerd to buy him a better car to help him get to and form a job if he finds one but will not take it from his kids. ( Don't blame him I couldn't so it either. )
    I could go on about this but the point is this is the plan by communist and Demo's want.The next plan is to have Illegal pay be the same as legal workers. What that really means is they are planning to put the legal workers pay down to what the illegals are willing tol work for.
    This happened back in the late 60"s when women for equal rights wanted equal pay for equal work. Industries reallished the idea. What was really behind the plan for the industries was it brought the wages down to what they were paying the women not moving the pay up to what the men were making. Thats when it started to force two people in the household to make a living not one.

From their you lost dicipline in the children growing up. We lost track of what our children were being taught or not taught. Now we pay for all of this negligance.
    The peoples culture that is in the Whitehouse now are not managers they are leeches on other peoples money. Every time they get something passed the people without going to the people first they act like they just robbed a bank and now they got pockets full of money and start handing it out like they are smart leaders. Then as the budget dries up and the debt gets bigger then its time to rob another bank. Thats the culture of these kind of people. I know this may sound cruel but I just speak the truth. On other subjects of what is happening go to the skull and bones society. Wake up you dumbasses. I can't type all night.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What bisi said. The repubs can't pass or defeat anything, they don't have control but they get all the blame. You got Dems covering their reelection butts if they can.

Don

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Geez...I wish people would read the real reason this bill was not passed.

The Repub's have placed a filibuster so as to defeat the Dem's version of the bill, which is not funded and would create even more borrowing. The Repub's will institute a bill extending benefits to the unemployed if it can be funded without going further in debt!!

Personally I see nothing wrong with this type of attitude, it's time for the Fed. Gov't to balance the budget and quit borrowing.

Curt

19. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I'm all for a reasonable U/E package for legitimate people who worked hard and lost their jobs, but there has to be some sort of better system. In most cases there is no incentive for people to get off UE. I know guys that have been collecting for 2+ years and it makes me angry when I know they could work but make more with UE and working under the table. IMHO I think that if you are on UE you should have to vounteer a minimum of 10-15 hours per week to some local cause. Such as working at a library, cleaning up trash from out highways, etc. There is no reason why people getting a free hand shake shouldn't give back in some way or another. I wirte this as a 38 Year old who has worked 40-50 hours per week for the last 16 years. I have never taken one dime from the GOVT. No welfare, unemployment, disability etc. It burns me to see able americans making excuses and ripping off the system.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Unemployment is welfare with a different label on it ... I know people who are on unemployment and will not go back to work until they can find a job that exceeds their income while on unemployment ... Well, now they can do that because the well has run dry ... My own Daughters Husband is one of the "Bust outs" who is looking for a free ride (over 2 years) and waits by the mail box for his check, now he won't have a reason to sit there and wait anymore ... He can get off of his dead ass and go find a job ... I get calls from them all the time asking for money, first thing I ask is if "Assholes" working, when the answer is no I don't even bother explaining it to her again ... I don't support "Bustouts", no matter who they are and she knows that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.