1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hpld pt ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

With my new gun I had to drasticlly change my hold points. My new gun swings and accelerates so quickly I had to go to a way lower hold point & bring my hold point inside the corners on stations 1 & 5. If I went to a high hold I would swing past the target & if I would hold outside the house I would again swing past the target. Now the question, I slowed down the release on my trigger. If I speed it up do you think I can get back to the high hold. Got about 3000 rds thru the new gun. I like the idea of a high hold, very little gun movement.

Lou

2. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

I would try adding weight to the front of the gun to slow it down and keep my high hold. High hold = small move = small margin of error. Your not the only guy who has been forced to add weight to slow a new gun down, or to get the barrel heavy in the front so that the gun will respond correctly to your initial push to the bird. Just ask Harlan. Todd

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

The speed of your release trigger is what detirmines your lead. Sounds like speeding it up might well help in this situation. Post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.