1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How's the fishin at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I was just wondering how the fishing has been at this years grand, has the heat caused everyone to head inside for the air? I know the kids at the Ohio State Shoot sure injoyed the fishing tournament we had all week. I hope it wasn't too hot the days the kids were shooting at the grand so they could enjoy all those lakes.

We only have the one small pond at the Cardinal Center but it did make it easier for the kids to catch some of the 250 large cat fish that the Ohio Division of Wildlife stocked. We had 26 fish tagged and the kids that caught one of those fish won prizes donated by venders and trap shooters. I think we had 17 or 18 tagged fish caught. I want to say Thank You again to the sponsers and the ODW. I don't know if any of the fish are left in the pond or not but if they are anyone can fish for them at the shoot at Cardinal Shoot coming uo Aug. 22-26. Hope to see some of you there. Everyone could fish at the state shoot but only kids 15 and under could win a prize.

Brad Dysinger

2. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

It was very hot there at Sparta , I was thinkin bring a pole back with me whats a license cost to drown plugs there ?

Pat Kelley

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Todd called and said that they weren't letting any of the trapshooters fish this week. I'm not there yet, so I don't know.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

They announced that months ago that there was going to be no fishing allowed at all for anyone until they get the banks around the ponds finished and fixed.

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'd just like to know why Brad Dysing of all people isn't at the Grand kicking a little a$$.

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't remember that. I just remember he was/is a heck of a shooter.

7. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Mr Prience-of-the-night

The great thing about fishing is that sometimes you catch carp and sometimes you catch big mouths. I remember the lakes, the fishing, the swimming, the nude sun bathing, well maybe not nude sun bathing, but all the others were selling points for how great Sparta and the Grand would be, how's it working out?

The Cardinal Center doesn't have nude sunbathing either but it does have one of those inside swimming pools. Not to hot, not to cold.

And yes you're right I will not attened Sparta and have no need or desire too. I am proud to be a buckeye, and when,if, you ever come to see Mr. Fishburn's Cardinal Center trap shooting facility you might understand why. In less than two years he has built a world class trap club with no help of the ATA and in fact with no ATA official other than state delicates ever attending. Ohio was up 25% over 2006 and if the sparta shoot is up 25% they should be very happy. Time will tell but remember in 1999 there was 5000 shooters in the GAH and in fact in the 1970's there were over 4000. Will there be 5000, 4000, or even 3000 shooters in the GAH this year?

Brad Dysinger

8. verypoor

verypoor Member

brad,so nice to hear from you again.are you shooting many targets lately?

9. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brad, Brad, play nice and we can all get along......truth be told there probably is some fishing being done here, but that's a quiet little secret. No argument that the Cardinal Center has the nicest indoor pool and the little pond for the kids was a great idea. However....my camping spot here isn't a swamp and I can get my TV satelite to connect, two problems that we had to deal with in Ohio. Leo and I brought our own 18'X4' pool, so the swimming is great and we don't have that nasty chlorine build up inside the room. There is good and bad everywhere we go, that's why we go everywhere. Wish you were here...

10. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Jimmy

Sure do and the one they had at Raytown, Mo the year before. Are you in sparta or at home in the A/C like me? In all seriousness Jimmy you need to come and see the new place here in Ohio. The money isn't as good yet as the old days at Vandalia but the big L did win about $15,000 on Sundays handicap and two other handicap winners got about $7,000 each. But more important was the number of shooters that won a grand or two. You yourself know it's not how much first place pays, but how much it pays to place, that keeps you in the black at trap.

verypoor

I shoot very little anymore. I'm in my Vic Reinders years I guess. I was the tournament director of the Ohio State Shoot and hope to be again next year. I found I like being boss.

Brad Dysinger

11. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Karla,

You mean that with all that coin Leo won at Ohio you could only afford an 18x4 pool? You and the girls didn't loose all his money in LV did you? One good thing about it though you won't have to worry about the water in the pool being to cold. Tell Leo Hi and I'm very happy that I'm not there. Attending Sparta to me would be like going to visit one of my old friends in the rest home that has alzheimes, I prefer to remember that grand in it's glory, not it's decline which I surely think it is.

Brad Dysinger

P.S. Karla why are you on the computor instead of watching Leo shoot? Or are you cooking supper? Or doing the laundry?

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Did the laundry this morning and Doc is in charge of supper tonight, cocktails with Bernie and Betty Brown before the cookout. I've seen Leo shoot a time or two, and I'm sure I will get a shoot report soon. The way I look at Sparta is this: they call it the Grand, but it's not like the Grand of Vandalia. It is a new club, new place, new people, new traditions.....
    We try to go to new clubs every chance we get. When we get there we look for the good and try to ignore the bad. The Cardinal Center was a new club last year, we didn't stay away just because it wasn't the Ohio State Shoot at Vandalia. We came, overlooked alot of unfinished items and came back again this year, still over looked alot of unfinished items and we will be back again next year.
    Leo is probably shooting as well if not better than he ever has so we will be traveling as much as our time, energy and funds allow. Got to save up, we still aren't convinced that Social Security will take care of us in our old age....
    Still wish you were here and Jimmy B too, I miss the ole days at Vandalia as much as anyone....

13. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

No Mr. P. of D. I'm too old to spar but how about 100 16's, 100 doubles, and 100 27 yard targets total , at a trap club somewhere half way between Ohio and what ever hell you a prince-of-darkness lives at, for let's say about 10 grand heads up, you and me, winner take all?

Brad Dysinger, no alias name here

14. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Come on Sobey....you chicken shit. Take it to the trap field.

Now Brad, let's not buy this bet...make it withing reason. How's about a grand?? Sobey may be able to do your lawn for a year or something along those lines to put up the cash.

Sobey (aka Prince_of_gayness), you in??

Tron.

15. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

prince_of_darkness, you are an ass, as well as figment of your imagination. Richard

16. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Gee Whiz boys and girls, all I asked was a simple fishing question and look what we have become. Can't we all just get along? Except maybe for those skeet shooters, I'm not too sure about them. How about you Tron and P-of-D

Brad Dysinger, not an alias

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"The great thing about fishing is that sometimes you catch carp and sometimes you catch big mouths." LOL!!! That was really funny! Martin told me about you.

Karla, see you in a couple of days. I'm bringin' my bathing suit. LOL!!!

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Work would not allow me the Grand this year but I plan on shooting the program at the Cardinal Classic. It will be my first visit, {left a message for resevations today}.

Karla you stay cool down there and good luck to Leo and Doc.

This thread is amusing.
    Shannon Mayes

19. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

recurvyarcher

Ask Martin to tell you about the row boat fishing trip him, Leo, Leo's brother Scott, and Fred Bischel took one year at the Indiana State Shoot and then check his facts with Leo's reculation of the trip when you get to Sparta. After you hear there tale I'll give you the true story.

Brad Dysinger, not an alais

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok this fishing story reminds me of a family thing see if it relates to the 2 sites that will and have hosted the Grand for the last many years.

Ok I always liked going to Grandmaw's house because I always got treats and stuff when I was younger and of course it was always better than being at home because they didn't have to put up with me 24/7.

Well ok just using this for an instance ok Grand Maw died and I still like visting Grand Paw but after a few years he got lonely and decided to get me a new Grand Maw but it wasn't the same when I went to visit because I was used to all of the normal things in the past like laying under the shade tree and riding the wagon pulled by the farm tractor and getting the nice snack's,but Grand paw told me well Grand Maw died a few years ago and I got to go on with my life even though it might upset your regular routine.

Well I got to thinking ok maybe Gran Paw is right because if I was as old as him and lonely then maybe something new would get me excited again so I decided to give it another shot well it was amazing how the new Granny treated me after I showed intrest in her and she wanted to be a part of the family also so she went out of her way to make me welcomed so I think I will try to hang on to the new Granny especially since she is so much younger and has a open mind on the future of our sport..

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.