1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how's Leo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

how

Hey Karla,

How is the big guy doing?

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Good question, how is he doing???????????????

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

He is gaining more strength/stamina every day. We are working on getting his cardiac rehab up and going. It takes an act of Congress to get all the paperwork in order. He has doctor's orders not to try to shoot until Feb, but he isn't going to push too hard, too fast so it will probably be in March at the Southern Grand before he registers any targets. Thanks for caring...

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Mrs. Harrison'

Thank you for the update, and yes, everyone cares about trapshooting's finest ambassador.

Danny B

5. blow-by

blow-by Member

been out of commission can someone tell me what happened to Mr. Harrison

6. trapwife

When we first learned that Leo would be having heart surgery, the last thing I considered was the time/effort it would take to keep everyone updated on his progress. I've tried to keep up, but failed at times. It was such a comfort to have so many shooter friends keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. Trapshooting is a unique sport in many ways and at the top of the list are the wonderful folks we have met or hope to meet someday. Thank you all...

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Karla,
    Thank you for the extra effort in keeping us all informed, you must realize being the great person Leo is, people are curious and concerned. He "is" one of the greater ambassadors of trap, and one that all recognize. Scott

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the report, Karla. Wishing him well. Do what the docs tell ya.

9. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Karla, sorry to hear about Leo. I just read this post. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I will never forget your, and Leo's kindness and your offer to come to St. Louis if I needed anything. They don't make people like the two of you anymore. Heart trouble is my problem now, but I have adjusted. My Prayers are with you two. Two of the finest people I will ever meet.

Mr. Charles
    Gary Nelson

10. trapwife

It is amazing what can be done for heart problems. Listen to your doctors. Take care...

11. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

had quadruple bypass less than 2 yrs ago, now playing racquetball 6 hours a week.follow orders, watch the weight and move! best of luck to a fine family.

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

God Bless you all!

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Thanks for the update Mrs. Karla,

We're all rootin' for y'all,and hope to see you at the Southern Grand.
    Till then...........

God Bless,and take good care.

With regards,

D.P.,and Osker Reynolds

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi Karla,

But I bet Leo is plenty busy in this trap downtime inspecting coins under a loop, cataloging his collection, and talking with other traders! Bet he is also a AAA27AA numistamist (sp) as well.

Regards,

David Buchman

Los Angeles

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The both of you are in our prayers, hope for a quick and complete recovery that goes for you also Ma'am ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Looking forward to saying Hi to you and Leo at the next major shoot I attend.
    Clyde

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I want to see L3 play racketball.

18. dezcon

dezcon Member

Karla & Leo,
    Just a word of advice. In 2005, I had open heart surgery. The doctor didn't want me to shoot for 3 months until things healed properly. But while going through cardiac rehab (the BEST thing that you can do), I was feeling pretty good. Everyday I got a little stronger. The more you move and get back to normal, the better it is physically and mentally. I was just itching to shoot again. I talked my doctor in to letting me try it with my Stock-Lock and one ounce loads at 2 months. He was really hesitant and doubtful but I convinced him to let me do it. Well, I did and I lived through it, but DON'T DO IT ! Wait the three months.
    While shooting, just after two months, I split my incision open about an inch and now I have a "strawberry" scare where it split. It eventually healed and you guessed it, I'm still alive. And it did hurt that first time I shot then, but I won't admit it. Mentally, it help me heal because I was back shooting, but physically it hurt. Good Luck and push yourself during cardiac rehab. I hope to see you at the Southern Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.