1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Howard Township NEW YEARS DAY Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Well it was quite a day of shooting today. If you like blizzard conditions, low visibility, and high winds you would have loved shooting today at Howard Township in Niles, Michigan.

We had a GREAT crowd! 32 teams total for the 100 bird pick your partner calcutta.

1st place honors goes to the team of George Snellenberger and Curt Thatcher. They broke a 98 but from what I heard Curt now has a sore back. (Sorry George, I couldn't resist.) Due to this team winning the event a new rule has been put in place for next years shoot. If you are a member of the ATA Hall of Fame you are no longer able to compete with the rest of us AMATEUR trapshooters! LOL. Good shooting guys.

2nd place honors went to two teams who split because they were too chicken to shoot off in the blizzard! These teams were Ken Sims and Jack Patten along with Terry Hayes and the great Rick Krizinski. Both these teams broke 97 which is also some GREAT shooting! This also means I have to hear about how the old man beat me for 364 days. Just wait until 2011 old man!

Now the scores get interesting. Out of the 29 teams that were left there were no 96's and no 95's. Third place consisted of teams breaking 94's.

These third place teams were Jay and Gary Cook, Kevin and Fred, and last but not least Vern Beasley and myself. Unlike the 2nd place teams the three of us elected to shoot off because we were MEN! After one round the third place honors went to Vern and myself.

Tying for four place honors with 93's were Tom K. and Lee F., Chuck Elman and Chris, Buck Roberts and Steve Van Vels, and Harry Lausman and Doug Sauve. After two rounds on the line and one round behind the clubhouse Buck Roberts won fourth place. Now Steve Van Vels was his partner but Buck did all the work. If I were Steve I would give Buck 80% of the winnings, LOL.

We also paid a high Charlie purse and a low Charlie purse. This is basically a lewis class payout for the remainder of the teams. This money went to the shooters only, buyers were not included. High Charlie went to Joe M. and his partner (sorry my mind went blank). Low Charlie went to the famous Quincy and his partner Scott. Good shooting guys. There were shoot off's but again, my mind is blank so I apologize.

All and all it was a great shoot. We sort of ran out of good weather and were unable to shoot a second event. The weather was unreal! I hope everyone makes it home safe.

A special thanks to the gang at Howard for running a great shoot and also a big thank you to Harlan Campbell Jr. for donating the 1st place Silver Dollar money clips.

Hope to see everyone at a local calcutta soon. They seem to be picking up. Here's to a happy 2010 for all and hope to see everyone back for the 2011 shoot!

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

Thanks for the report Matt. Glad I'm stuck in Fl.

3. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Matt:

Wish I could have been there! Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

4. pullbangloss

Hey Wayne!

You missed a good time. I bet Mary could have carried you through the event!

Maybe we'll see you in 2011.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

5. pullbangloss

Steve,

Remember the turtles screwing out in front of the traps at Mason? I think it was when we were shooting the Michigan State Shoot. Thought I would forget, huh? LOL.

Good shooting Sunday but I'm not sure if I quite remember the "nice" weather Vern and I shot in...

Matt Krizinski

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

What a great report of the shoot...Matt, you should be a reporter.

Wayne

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Matt, I used to shoot up there when I lived in Indiana. I recognize a lot of those names and it brings back fond memories. I am curious as to what george and Curt sold for??

8. pullbangloss

Wayne,
    Maybe I've found my calling...Sit on my butt, type of the computer about trapshooting...wait, that's what I do now but don't get paid for it! LOL

Cuban,
    They were one of the top teams to sell, 90 bucks.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

9. pullbangloss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.