1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you like to be sued by illegal aliens?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JBrooks, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Isn't this just great? More liberals at work. Want to bet that the organization representing the wetbacks is getting money from the same matrix of crooks that fund ACORN and all the other liberal cults trying to destroy our Country? Want to bet they will get money out of the Democrat's Porkulus Bill?

"16 illegals sue Arizona rancher
    Claim violation of rights as they crossed his land
    Jerry Seper (Contact)
    Monday, February 9, 2009

Buzz up!An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol, he said, after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home.

His Cross Rail Ranch near Douglas, Ariz., is known by federal and county law enforcement authorities as "the avenue of choice" for immigrants seeking to enter the United States illegally.

Trial continues Monday in the federal lawsuit, which seeks $32 million in actual and punitive damages for civil rights violations, the infliction of emotional distress and other crimes. Also named are Mr. Barnett's wife, Barbara, his brother, Donald, and Larry Dever, sheriff in Cochise County, Ariz., where the Barnetts live. The civil trial is expected to continue until Friday.

The lawsuit is based on a March 7, 2004, incident in a dry wash on the 22,000-acre ranch, when he approached a group of illegal immigrants while carrying a gun and accompanied by a large dog.

Attorneys for the immigrants - five women and 11 men who were trying to cross illegally into the United States - have accused Mr. Barnett of holding the group captive at gunpoint, threatening to turn his dog loose on them and saying he would shoot anyone who tried to escape.

The immigrants are represented at trial by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), which also charged that Sheriff Dever did nothing to prevent Mr. Barnett from holding their clients at "gunpoint, yelling obscenities at them and kicking one of the women.""

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Illegal aliens have NO rights. How can a guy proteecting his property voilate something that does not exist ?

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The scum lawyers that represent them should be Lynced!!!

4. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

The lawyers representing the illegals should be deported to Mexico and the drug cartels should be informed that they are undercover narcs. He needs to stock his property where the illegals trespass with more rattlesnakes....

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

He made his mistake by kicking one of the detainees. Police aren't allowed to do that, either.

The rattle snake idea is ok if it doesn't effect his cattle, workers, family, or dog. If I were him, I would put no-trespassing signs (in English and Spanish) around a perimeter fence indicating that there are land mines in the area.

6. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Illegals or not at the very least it sounds like they were trespassing, As the property owner he should have the right to protect his property.

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

dead men tell no tales,,,,,

8. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Anybody found trespassing will be held at gunpoint, I hold the law in my property.

Berettaman7

9. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Anybody found trespassing will be held at gunpoint, I hold the law in my property.

Berettaman7

10. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Berettaman7

11. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Berettaman7

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If law enforcement don't want to enforce the laws then they should look the other way. 22-250 and the 243 are both wonderful coyote rounds.

13. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

A SHOT IN THE ASS FOR THOSE THAT PASS, IS THE ANSWER.

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trespassers shot....survivors prosecuted. MAKE MY DAY!

15. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Wanna bet the ACLU will back the Illegals and not the Citizen???

FN in MT

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

Do you have a GREEN CARD ? No? OK, get in the cattle car your sorry azz is headed back to Mexico as soon as we get a load. You will be fed beans and water until you arrive at the border and sent back to across.

Enter illegally the second time and you will be provided an orange jumpsuit and a few years work on our highway right-of -ways. You will be secured to other "immigrants" with a sturdy, but short, length of chain--so you wont get separated and lost. Again, beans and water. Just like in your correctional system.

17. mikeshann

mikeshann TS Member

Just because the lawyers are the illegal aliens, that doens't make them liberals. It makes them capitalists. You know people who work for money. So what you are saying is that anyone who represents someone accused of a crime is a liberal? I am NOT SAYING THAT the illegals have the right to sue etc, or that they should even be here, what I am saying is that everyone who wants or feels they need a lawyer is entitled to one, and the lawyer isn't on their side or anything like that. They do it to get paid!

I agree though that the borders should be sealed, you as a property owner have the right to protect your property, and if you don't belong here legally, then you should be exported back to where you came from....at your expense, not America's.

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

What could stimulate the economy more than a national round-up of illegals.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Try to do this in Mexico and see how far you get. They look at every gringo as an ATM machine.

20. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

More of the same. Taxpayer takes in the shorts..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.