1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

A disgruntled shooter turns us in to a state agency for lead violations. This agency wants verification that we mine the fields on a semi consistant basis.In an attempt to give them more than they asked for. We asked past presidents who had mined the fields for their recollection of how much lead was mined. All those asked complied but one,who refused to get back to us.
    He,Along with being a past president,is a state director,HOF director,In the HOF and the state youth director.
    What would you do?

2. AEP

AEP Member

Why is the shooter "disgrunted". What is "The Rest of the Story"? What is a Director of HOF?

Is your question about the disgrunted shooter or the past president who will no cooperate?

Andy

3. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

HOF is hall of fame. question is about the past pres, The disgruntled person made anonymous calls to this agency. But we were sued and it was settled out of court,thats allIm allowed to say.

4. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Kingbang,

Refer to EPA's Best Management Practices for Lead at Outdoor Shooting Ranges (EPA-902-B-01-001. That will tell you what you may be missing. As far as a lack of response, it's immaterial, forget it. If you want to discuss this further, you know how to contact me. Bob Knight

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Comply with EPA or die. You should have in the first place in this environmentally conscience age. Forget about the whistleblower and just shun him/her. Nothing you can do anyway. He/she has the law on his/her side.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A nice hickory axe handle ought to be about right!

Curt

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Ask the people who orderd the lead recovery, find the old records, look up the mining co that did the work. I hope they have records also on their mining. If the guy will not answer your calls then go to his house and knock on the door. Who ever said above to have all your papers in order is right. They have a question you have the answer right there for them. Don't go UUHHHH I don't know. That alone will shink your ship. Be nice and be polite(sp) and don't give them any BS answers what so ever. Show proof and sorce of your answers.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good luck with your lead reclamation. Once the dust settles.....As for the past president who won't respond, and all the lofty postions he holds in the trap discipline, I'd thank him in public for his failure to defend what he represents......

I believe the term is "cheesedick"

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why would you give the agency "more than they ask for"

That frankly is the height of stupidity.

For one you are admitting to past violations and also opening the door for criminal prosecution depending on what you admit to.

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.