1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you be feeling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

What if you bought tickets to a concert, planned to drive several hours to the city, reserved a room so you could enjoy the trip and concert without driving back home right away, and even made arrangements to have time off work - only to learn 48 hours before the concert, the band decided to cancel because they didn't think they would fill the venue to the capacity they wanted?

At best, I'm feeling a little grumpy and I don't think I'd ever buy anything from that band again.

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I'd be feeling the same as you. On 4-20, I drove my smoker about 600 miles to cook for a American Cancer Society Benefit. Venue was Soldier Field for a Country/Western concert staring Easton Corbin, Chris Cagle and Jason Savory. Expected attendance was 5100 with 7000 possible. Cooked 98 pork butts, tons of brisket and bologna. The bands showed up in 4 Prevosts and played their hearts out. Weather was great! An estimated 300 people showed up. Was a total bust...so go figure.

milt

[​IMG]

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ask the band to donate the funds you would have made for the charity

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'd never even think about buying anything from those greedy bastards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.