1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Will You Spend New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My Son and Girlfriend from New York City will be with us in North Georgia. After I make the 8 pound Standing Rib Roast per receipe on another thread here, we'll drink some Glenlevits 20 year old while we shoot the 3 shot mortars from my driveway. Being 3200 ft. above sea level, I figure the mortars will be seen all the way to Nashville. Then around 11pm we'll drive to Brasstown N.C. and watch the midnight ... ready for this? Possum Drop. Yes much like the Big Apple drop that my kids see in NY City, but this is a live possum. Last time I went there was about a thousand people there. Next morning of course, hangover treated with Bloody Mary's.

blade819

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I haven't did a damn thing on New Years eve in probably 25 years. I go to sleep about 6 or 7 at night then let the neighbors fireworks wake me up at midnight.

This year might be different. I have been invited to a wedding that night. I didn't know anybody got married on New Years Eve, but my cousins kid has decided too, so I might make it to midnight this year.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Stay home, I avoid amature night like the plague.

Phil Berkowitz

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

The wife and dogs and I head to the cabin on the river up north here in beautiful Michigan. We go out for a while to socialize some, then head back to camp for lobster and venison chops on the grill. It don't get no better. Bill Wheeler

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

slayer.... you have the best receipe so far.

blade819

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Drunker than a skunk! No Wait!!! That was 25 years ago. I don't even drink now a days. But I used to call New Year's Eve, amateur night.

I don't have any special plans except to wake up in the morning sucking air!

Hauxfan!

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

At home with my wife and dogs...and go to bed at about 11....

8. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Working. 6PM to 6AM. I'll miss all of the festivities, but I'll avoid all of the drunks, too.

9. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

We are going to shoot sporting clays in the morning before I go to work.

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Have never competed on amateur night.

Should be out doing a fireworks display with my son for a local community...

11. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Same as Ljutic73! Maybe an old movie on TV. Jack

12. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Seeing our anniversary is Dec. 30th not much happens on New Years eve. The big event that night is trying to get my black powder cannon to fire exactly at mid-night. Best go get it out of the barn and ready for the big event. No projectile of course. Happy New Year.

13. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

John,
    Single malt sucks. Try some Johnnie Walker Black. Watch out for PETA at the possum drop. I will be on a plane to Houstin to see my daughter and family. Otherwise I would look south across the state line at Ramey Mtn to see your aerial display. Have a safe, prosperous and healthy New Year. Good shooting in 2012.
    Steve

14. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Putting the baby and mama to bed around 8. Going to reload some 12's and 16's till 11:30 then a nice couple of drinks and a walk up to the hill where I can see the whole town (POP. 165,000). and probally have another drink or two watching the fireworks. and thank GOD the whole time that we still have this beautiful country we live in.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Likely sorting brass or loading ammo. What's new?

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My wife and 5 or 6 of her 30 something single girlfriends will expect for me to cook and mix drinks all night, also includes serving them in the hot tub and fireside, they always bring sleeping bags, so that means I have to cook breakfeast for six hungover, scantly clad chicks! Sorry if I miss the Trapshoot.

17. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

My wife and I are looking forward to having are 3 grand kids over for the night New Years Eve. So we will be watching big bird or some thing like that on TV and staying off the roads.

New Years Day I may hit up a trap shoot if I can find one to go to or I may take the wife over to see her mom & dad.

18. SCL

SCL Member

Small euchre tourney with about 5 other couples, just a fun thing. Been doing that for 5-6 years and thats as wild as it needs to get!
    Scott

19. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Exactly at the stroke of midnight, wife I will have been ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing 2 hours, dogs all curled up in front of the wood stove. They guard that wood stove so nobody breaks in and carries it away during the night. Happy New Year to all. According to the some lost civilizations, this is our last one. Sure! F/S.

20. mark54

mark54 Member

Eight of our friends & my wife & I will be making the annual trek to Strausstown Rod & Gun Club in Pa.for their annual New Years Eve celebration. This will be the 3rd year we will have been there. We have a great time. It is a 32 mile drive, but we all have designated drivers. Happy New Year to you & yours. mark54 in Lititz, Pa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.