1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Will U Spend 9-11 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

It's kinda personal with me because my wife worked in the North Tower when the first bomb went off in 1993 and she lost a lot of coworkers on 9-11. We'll spend tomorrow remembering, praying for world peace and will be sitting on the 50 yeard line at the Air Force Academy/ BYU football game. They'll have fly overs, signing and alot of saluting to our sacred flag.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm shoot'n some trap at Rend Lake Shooting complex. I'm sorry to hear of your close ties to the traggic day. So glad to know your wife was not one of the many who lost their lives. God bless all who did and their families.---Matt

3. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

going down to the Selah High School to watch our sons return home celebration for the 737th transportation squadrons return from Afghanistan. Seems to be a fitting time being it is the 9th anniversary of 9-11.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is my birthday but I have not celebrated it since that day 9 years ago

5. grntitan

cubancigar2000---Its still your Birthday no matter what happened on that day. Happy B-Day friend.---Matt

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Having a bunch of Mexican food and beer tonight. That book I bought with the squiggly worm writing on it will come in handy. Hate to waste good Charmin when I have the splatters.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Burning another religions gospel is sick.....

The Ideology didn't attack us...

8. blade819

Yoda..shot today with another poor outcome. Maybe Sunday. All of the answers except 2 of them were civil. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 3 years and made many friends there. I found them to be loving and genorous. Unfotunately as with all nationallities and religions there are zealots and terroist. Timothy McVie was a Christian so was Hitler. There is way too much hatred in this world today and not enough understanding and tolerance. I guess we need to try to live with it and hope that it will change. I guess a good place to start would be this forum.

blade819

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Oh please, Hitler was a Christian? Tolerance is a one way street with the wretched beings that have attacked us not only the twin towers, twice, but our Marine barracks (remember that?), the Cole, on and on.....................

10. DadPlus4

DadPlus4 Member

how will i spend? the same since by reading the roll call .. names, age, occupation and residence.

11. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I plan to shoot "Holes in the Sky", at Redlands,,have a brownie or two,,,and maybe hit a few of those round orange clay things. Big plans.
    Norman

12. neofight

neofight TS Member

First order of the day will be to place the flag that draped my father's casket on the post outside. He fought in WW2 and helped in his own small way to preserve so many things precious to us all, including our own choice in the way we honor the dead and show our solidarity.

Happy birthday to you,Cubancigar 2000.

13. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Will shoot tomorrow but wife and I will be going to our local Tea Party memorial on Sunday afternoon in Burlington.

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Mine will start much like it has for quite some time. I'll be raising our Nation's flag and reciting;

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy name.
    Thy Kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

ss

15. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Celebrating and GREAT DAY my dad turns 83,and am so sorry for people that have a birthday on this soleman day.

16. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

AT A GUN SHOW!

Randy

17. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

The 11 and 12 are bad days for me.. Everything that happened on the 11 was bad enough and then on the 12 my wife died,, I will be in deep thought on these days.. Happy birthday to Cubancigar2000 and to anyone else who has a birthday on the 11.. And to Coyote 270---glad they are coming home !!!--------- Dave Oberst

18. grntitan

Dave Oberst---My thoughts will be with you as well on this weekend. I can relate as my dad passed on the 9th, two days before. We had a rough week and thought the world was ending. My Grandpa(a WWII vet US Navy Avenger Gunner) reminded me that this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, we will push thru. God Bless all today and remember all those who died so that we may be free.----Matt Parker

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Going to the "Spirit of America" show at the new Consol center.It is put on by the services a total of 300 active -duty soldiers. My daughter will be working at the base today as she is in the AF and there is a big air show there today. She will meet us at the Spirit show. Should be a nice day we saw the show last year, Bulge.

20. blade819

Some very nice posts and thank you to everyone who did. Especially today, putting all the politics aside, we are All Americans! CubanCigar2000 - try to enjoy your birthday knowing you live in the greatest country on earth.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.