1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW/WHO to Convert BT-99 DANIALS release?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD457, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD457

BD457 Member

I pulled it apart again to compare to a BT-99 with standard pull trigger and discovered i was mistaken. It has a Danials release trigger.

I just purchased a used BT-99 and when cleaning it all up I discovered it has a release trigger set up. This one is for my kid so I want to convert it back to pull. any help would be appriciated.

Mike

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Have Phillip Crenwelge do it. He made it. I believe he charges $50 to convert back.

Phillip's Gunsmithing<br>

314A W. LENNON DR.<br>
    #223<br>
    EMORY , TX 75440 <br>
    Phone: 210-313-5988 <br>
    E-Mail: pgcrenwelge@yahoo.com<br>

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

The trigger safety, is what is usually made into the hook for a release trigger.

It is not a hard part to replace.

Al

4. BD457

BD457 Member

Looking at it, it looks like a very easy trigger assy. I just don't know what parts I'd need to convert it. I don't really want to send the gun away unless I have to.

Mike

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

All you have to send Phil is the reciever. No big deal, ship it usps, insured. Good luck, Tim

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have done them by grinding the HOOK off with a dremel. I don't know how Phil does his but sometimes the hook can just be removed (I have a 3200 with a timmey that I can switch back and forth) You might give Phil a call He is the kind of guy that will give you the information you need. A good release trigger like Phil's is worth close to $200.00 so I would try and save it if you can.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I you post a pic of it, I bet I could walk you through it.

I've installed and removed many ocwer the years. Depending on the type, it could be as easy as removing the two upper screws holdiing the upper block.

WW

8. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

Phil- will put it back to pull if it is his at no charge. If it is not his it will cost $50.00 Henry

9. xtj

xtj Guest

If it is a older 34 in full I might be interested in buying it from you. Then you could buy your son one with a pull trigger.

Jkg

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

On most BT99 the best thing is to replace the release with a pull including the sear. My gunsmith changed mine from one gun to another but switched the triggers and sears both from one gun to t he other. I would call Phillip he is a straight shooter and will give you the right info for converting.

11. BD457

BD457 Member

bump with correct trigger brand

12. TD1958

TD1958 Member

The daniels style release is very similar if not identical to the spears style release used in the bt's. Phil can fix you up or if you want to buy the aprts and change it out your self it is easily done. Good luck, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

converting a bt 99 to a release trigger