1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How was your season? (hunting)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hrosik123, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Hunting here in Jersey is winding down. Saturday marks the end of fowling. Upland is over and deer is soon to be. Here are some pics from some of my adventures with the family. How was your season? Share some photos. Good luck Chuck Hrosik
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You have something there we don't here - habitat. What we have is no water and an ocean of brush that chokes out everything. It's all old growth and supports little wildlife. It's so thick a rattlesnake can't crawl through it and there are thousands of square miles of it. But not to worry - it produces spectacular wildfires that kills and destroys everything, so it's not like it has no redeeming qualities.

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Antelope - shot a nice buck with my muzzleloader in Idaho, but struck out in Montana because all the land was leased and I couldn't get permission to hunt.

[​IMG]

Elk - I shot a real nice 6x6 the first day.

[​IMG]

Deer - the only nice buck I saw gave me the slip.

Pheasants - didn't find any the few times I went out.Sharptails - I got my limit the last day of the season, which was the first day I went out. After the season was over I went back looking for pheasants, and was flushing 25 - 50 sharptails each time.

Ducks - very slow so far, and the season ends here Friday. The birds are there, but staying in inaccessible areas. Geese are the same story, thousands of birds, but using areas where they can't be hunted.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, missed upland and squirrel hunting because my dad was dying of cancer, didn't even see a deer during deer season, missed rabbit, crow and coyote hunting in Nov and Dec because of a serious lung infection, so yeah, it was better than the best day working.

Trying to get out on weekends now for coyote hunting, weather cooperating.

Can't wait until varmint season starts up in the spring.

5. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

[​IMG]

Shot these yesterday mornin,hopefully I can get a few more!

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Dog handling for kids on planted pheasants at DFG hunts was the most fun I had this year. This is the only land in the area that isn't choked with brush, and they turned it into a no hunting or trespassing area except during these hunts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I didn't get anything this deer season,but had a great time.The killin part ain't the half of it.Just being in the hills away from all the B.S. is enough for me.Good friends,a warm fire,and a good rifle is quite enough for me(ie:I don't ask for much)I hope all y'all had a great season too!!!!!!
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Not birds but hunting never-the-less.

[​IMG]

I had a hard time deciding which one to shoot.

Rick in snowy Mt.

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

BenelliM2, Which way do you skin those fox squrrels, I have found them the hardest to skin? Joe

10. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Best and worst season. Our group of 5 is at about 600 ducks and geese, including Canada trip, one more trip to go. Help friend get out first elk on Colorado trip I passed on lots of cows. Deer only killed a doe for meat, but helped 3 young men kill their first buck. Worst, best hunting buddy and friend 52 years old told has cancer with outside of 3 years left. He is going on duck and snow hunt end of month hope not his last.

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Rick, I have not seen bulls that thick even on the Jackson Hole Elk Refuge in February. Amazing!

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Spent three days in the deer woods, had a great time being outdoors. Didn't get a shot a the 10 point I saw. It was still a great three days in the woods. Bird hunting, I've had only one chance to get out so far my new Yellow Lab preformed like she' been hunting for years, me not so much!

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have killed 1 dove..lol.. and 2 squirrels..lol.. 2 of my daughters did get a deer this year! I enjoy them hunting and shooting way more than if I did it myself..

14. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I have been out a couple of times with my Nephew Grant. This was the first day he carried a family gun,the Browning Double Automatic. He went 2 for 2 on rabbits and said "I love this gun".
    Doug Allison

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Love that Preditor camo Pocatello is wearing!!! Best all around by far IMHO.

Didn't get to go this year but arranging for next Fall's deer and turkey archery season in MO...GLW.

miltie

16. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

Western Justice for these elk killers

17. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

sorry folks could not get the photo to load

18. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I did alright. Top is my Illinois buck, second is my MN buck, third is my MN hunting group. We got 7 deer total off my land, four buck, 2 nice ones. I've done a lot of habitat and food plot work and it's paying off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also had some good pheasant hunting is SD and in MN. As much as I love deer hunting I don't think anything is as exciting as jumping a rooster.

19. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

I had a good year in 2010. Turkey, dove, pheasant, deer and ducks all cooperated. Still have another week of Duck in NE Ark.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Good deer season, saw lots of animals...shot deer with bow and shotgun. Did more missing this season than probably all my seasons put together, can I blame it on my eyes? Don't think so since I just got em both done for cataracts! It sure was good to be out in the woods for 2 plus months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.