1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How was your in trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Since were coming up to a new year in shooting it would be nice to hear how some of you did this past year. Did you hit your goals? Any trophies ? Any increase in yardage ?Any perfect scores? Any downfalls or mistakes?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yep, finally won a handicap event at a major shoot, got 3 yards, made the 27, shot back to back 100's in singles... shot at the Grand (the one at Sparta, Illinois), got lotsa ceramic ducks, geese, bears, and the coolest handcrafted wooden truck from Munith Michigan!!

[​IMG]

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Improving . Despite a minor heart attack in March of this year I have almost recovered all that I lost in early target year 2009 (Oct thru June). In those 8 months my averages across the board took a 5 -8% drop from 2008. Things are coming back and I still get to see all my trapshooting friends so it just keeps getting better and better.

Even managed to take trophies in 4 Virginia State sponsered shoots in a row since June of last year.

--- Chip King ---

4. smsnyder

Great job BigM nice truck. , Best decision I made was to buy a new Blaser supertrap. Scores went up big time.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Earl,
    The way you're shootin' that Blaser, maybe they'll sponsor you. Better yet, maybe you could become one of their sales staff.

Ed Yanchok

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well i didn't get started shooting until mid May after having my 3rd major back surgery this winter. Ended up only shooting 1200 singles targets and 500 handicap targets. I did manage to win (4) singles events and (2) runner-ups and (2) runner-ups in caps. Still awaiting my 1st punch. I must be jinxed or overthinking the caps concept. I would just love to get a full season in again but this next April they want to remove 2 screws from my back(they are loose). Everybody always said i have a screw loose. LOL They say its a minor thing so i'm crossing my fingers. It is nice to shoot a whole day and not go home in extreme pain for once. I'm sure many on here can relate.----Matt Parker

7. grntitan

That is a nice truck Jim. I'm a sucker for wooden toys.---Matt

8. smsnyder

EdY, thought about it. I own two blaser rifles and have taken over 50 trophies worldwide with the blaser straight pull bolt rifle including a leopard and a Boone and Crockett brown bear. I believe in the company and there equipment is nothing but quality. There new super trap is outstanding design. The Blaser super trap stock design, weight system firing system (no hammers) and double release provided by Pat McCarthy make this gun a real winner.

9. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I took a few years off of trapshooting and just got back into the sport at the end of June. Since then I have already ran 25 and 50 birds so I would say I personally have exceeded my goals this year. Looking forward to a new year of shooting. I can't wait.

10. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Been shooting good well this year. I have about a 96 average on the last 800 targets. Shot 1400 ATA 16yrd targets this year, up a couple hundred from last year. Won B-Class Doubles at the PA state shoot this year. The last registered shoot I had last target syndrome. I missed my 25th,50th and 100th targets for a 97. I hope this doesn't carry over to this year.

Jason in PA

11. smsnyder

Geat job Jason. Keep it up.

12. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

This was my first year shooting ATA and just about exactly 12 month since I shot my first round of trap. As of now (I am going to one last ATA shoot for this target year sunday) I stand with a 90.50% singles average, 89% caps average (from the 20), an a 80.33% doubles average.

I shot my best round of doubles since starting a month ago (92) and tied for 2nd and shotoff and lost to take 3rd.

I've only shot 200 handicap targets in my life and have only fell 2-3 targets short in both shoot from taking first or second in my yardage class.

Overall I think I did okay. Next year I'm aiming for a 95%+ overall average so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll be able to go from shooting a flat a week to two flats a week next season.

13. grntitan

Very impressive Rich. Glad to have you as a member of the ATA. Keep up the good shoot'n and maybe we will see you at the Grand next year get'n a trophy. Where are you located?

14. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I still suck shooting handicap!

Mark Rounds

15. grntitan

Your not in that shed by yourself Mark. LOL

16. BigM-Perazzi

Nice start Rich. Be careful not to set some goals too high where they are extremely difficult. You probably can get that singles avg up into the 95%'s , but, handicap and doubles you might want to target maintaining a 90's or better .. If you look at the 'top dogs' You'll see that overall 95%'s are very, very difficult to attain.

But, If you've got the moxie go for it..

Jim C

17. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

grntitan,

I'm around Western, NY.

18. grntitan

Rich---I see. I was just curious. If you go to the Grand/Sparta, you'll be in my back yard. 5 minutes to the WSRC from my gargae. I hate that. LOL Good luck to ya.---Matt

19. BigM-Perazzi

gargae????

<a href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley">[​IMG]</a>

*snicker*

20. grntitan

Don't you have a gargae???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.