1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How was the Mississippi State shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAP, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAP

BAP TS Member

I hated to miss it but I had to get things ready for the Alabama state shoot. Just wanted to know how the Miss. state shoot went in Jackson and who the winners were. Bill Parson Jr.

2. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

The shoot went really well. Everyone seemed to have a good time and the targets were great. We had a good meal on Saturday night and good Calcutta. The shoot will be in Jackson next year as well, try to come over and shoot with us if you can. All I can remember are the State Winners, maybe someone else will have the entire winner list.

State Winners:
    Singles Champion - Tom Yeager 199
    Singles Runner Up - David Huber 199

Doubles Champion - William Whitman 99
    Doubles Runer Up - David Huber 97

Handicap Champion - Tom Yeager 98
    Handicap Runerup - William Whitman 95

HOA - William Whitman - 393

Best Regards,
    Brent Huber

3. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

How many shooters Saturday and/or Sunday? WERE there any out-of -state winners, or even shooters from out of state? I was told by a member of the Jackson club not to come because it was too small to accommodate anyone but in-state shooters with only four traps. After shooting the State at Corinth for many years, I took the gentleman's advice and stayed home. I don't recall the person's name, but I have shot with him in the past several times at the Capitol Gun Club, so I had no reason to disregard his counsel.

Just curious…

Steve Oehmen

4. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

How many shooters Saturday and/or Sunday? WERE there any out-of -state winners, or even shooters from out of state? I was told by a member of the Jackson club not to come because it was too small to accommodate anyone but in-state shooters with only four traps. After shooting the State at Corinth for many years, I took the gentleman's advice and stayed home. I don't recall the person's name, but I have shot with him in the past several times at the Capitol Gun Club, so I had no reason to disregard his counsel.

Just curious…

Steve Oehmen

5. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

This is weird…my message/question never refreshed. Problems with the server?

SO

6. MOP

MOP Active Member

There were 60 - 65 shooters each day, about half in-state and half out-of-state. Most of the open tropies were won by out-of-state shooters. Another 25 - 30 shooters could have been accommodated easily. I can't imagine why anyone would have told you not to come.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Where is it going to be held Next year?

8. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

The Shoot will be held in Jackson, MS again next year. We would love to have any and all out of state shooters. As MOP said we had room for many more. It was a good shoot and we hope it will be even better next year.

Best Regards,
    Brent Huber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mississippi state trap shooting champion