1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Was The Dixie Weather

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

For those who were there, how was the weather for the Dixie? I couldn't make it this year and I really didn't want to leave the beauty of Fort Wayne in January :eek:) but, I am flying down for the Southern. Pat & Jerry... order up some 80 degree sun for me ok?

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I can't guarantee the weather for the Southern Grand but it is going to be mid to high 70's through Thursday then a severe cold wave down to the upper 60's for the weekend. JRM

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The three days I shot the FL Hall of Fame prior to the Dixie, I was very warm in short pants. Then it got cooler (60-65) and I shot in a light jacket. One day was damp. Overall, it was a very good shoot. I will be at the Southern Grand but I do have a major concern. The cool temperatures may have damaged the strawberries at Plant City and I need to bring a case of them back to Virginia. The oranges and lemons on the trees at Silver $ were good this year, but the grapefruits were a little smaller than normal. I did discover the very best restaurant in the World.

Pat Ireland

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Pat,

All you can eat grits? :>)

All Good,

ec90t

5. Art D

Art D Member

I shot Friday and the temp was in the low 30 with a very stiff wind,Sat in the mid 50 to 60, Sunday 60 to 70 Sat and Sun moderate wind.

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

C'MON Pat Where was this best restaurant in the world??? I'll be down there in a few weeks.

7. blade819

Pat.. where is the resturant? Strawberries, I just has some Plant City last week. They were fine. But the cooler weather is good for the best oranges on earth, Florida Honeybells. Last year at the Southern if I remeber right it was HOT toward the end. I know that I'm excited about not only dusting off the K-80 but getting into warm weather. c u guys there.

John

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ken X- If I told everyone where the very best restaurant is, they would run out of food. It is a small place with a non decrepit name (Bread and Butter). It is Greek food with a salad selection that is fantastic. You get to see what you order before you order it. It is located in Tarpon Springs.

Pat Ireland

9. blade819

I know where it is...I've been there.

10. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

TNX Pat. I do get in that neighbohood once in while! Make sure you try the Tarpon Turtle right on the shore, NW corner of Lake Tarpon. A beautiful spot, you can sit outside on the patio, and pretty good food.

11. Mojo

Mojo Member

Hey Pat,

The cold weather actually makes the strawberries sweeter so bring your bushel
    basket...!

Mike Lewis
    Plant City

12. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

The weather was OK for the Dixie, but what about the targets? Can anyone explain all the low scores? I know I shot really bad as well as a lot of others. Targets seamed really fast out of house. My $.02
    Rooferbob

13. jcallan

jcallan TS Member

Thursday morning was chilly, most people I saw were wearing jackets and sweatshirts under their shooting vests. Several early squads dropped out in the morning handicap due to the chilly morning. Friday morning was colder still for the early squads, but things improved around 10:30AM. Saturday turned out a nice day but the wind picked up for my squad (13) around round 3, so folks had to deal with higher winds until the afternoon. Sunday was warm and rather nice to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.